• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hi all back again , I loose cyl #7 if i plug in the optic sensor ,,, Im hoping the daisy wheel is ok

Gravel

Reaction score
I loose cyl #7 if i plug in the optic sensor ,,, Im hoping the daisy wheel is ok ,
as if i start the 6.5 up with the optic sensop plugged in she starts straight up , But cyl #7 is dead , the tech 2 (turn on turn Off ) nothing crack the injector lines all work exept #7 , I unplugged the OS and cranked 20 or so seconds and she fired up on all 8 cyl`s ,,

SO should i pull the OS and suck the diesel out of the res and check the daisy wheel isn`t damaged or has anyone some where i can buy a OS as in in NSW Australia ,
My RV is a P30 chev Workhorse winnebago 2002 , Auto ,
Cheers all ..
PS ehen tho we have the Holden suberban here the holden mechs are retarded ,,,,,,

Rob

I thought a bit of history since buying my RV 2 months back , ( Luck i did get her cheap ,,, )
So some one dropped a "C" clip in the intake and smashed the top of #1 piston ,, as she only had 24000Miles i checked the bore and stuck in a new piston and all good , still ran rough but 490 to 505 psi all pots now ,
Then (Still no number 7 but didnt know it ) Took her out and she would shake at high RPM`s , check with Tech 2 ,,, Miss fire #7 and no turbo pressure ,,, Did the tests for waste gate ,, no VAC ,, But vac pump was tops so i looked at the WG Solinoid ,, the pipes werre on wthe wrong way ,,,, bingo , BOOST at 12 psi ,, fuel pressure at 5 PSI idle and gets to 1 or 2 psi under hard load but shakes bad ,,, anyhow back to #7 ripped the intake off and pulled the injector pipe from #7 3 squrts at start then nothing
(cold start i believe ) anyhow then pulled the OS plug Off and all pots fireing but Rough .
The widow i purchased the RV from said a mechanic was inside the IP ,,,, Hands in the air no idea !

any help on tracking the fauld down as in australia there are not many that know the 65
Cheers all ,
Robert

I did that AK , with the CPS unplugged and the OS unplugged i get no Fuel at #7 , I replaced the CPS last month as is was stuffed ,,, didnt realise that #7 was not good and always having dramas ,, Im thinking OS or the encoder wheel inside the pump ,,

Anyone have a pump they want to sell me and ship to Australia ???

Just to let every one know , 2 weeks back i was sitting in traffic at the lights and a guy in a car bibbed his horn (Just soft ) and pointed at my back wheel , I got out to look and he ran me down , Broke my left leg 5 places ,, the cops got him Meth afected driver locked him uo so im a bit held back on using the spanners at the moment ,,, But will get there ,,,,
His excuse for running me down and leaving me in the middle of the road ,,, The lights whent GREEN and he was in a hurry ,,,
Dang !
True story ,,,,,,,,

no one at a time ,
sorry ,,,, still in a bit of pain from the hit and run ,, If the OS is plugged in i dont get anything at cyl7

if i unplug the OS all 8 fire

if i plug the cps in and unplug the OS i get 8 cyl`s fireing

with the OS Plugged in i only get 7 cyls fireing Always Number 7 that stops injecting with the OS plugged in
I hope thats a little clearer ,,
Cheers
Rob

AK ,
I would have said that also ,,,
the only thing i see is the injection pump does what its meant to do ,,, it pumps ,,,
Its the encoder wheel that runs thru the OS thats not picking up the signal to send fuel to Number 7 ,,,
I think i will pull the OS out then roll the motor over and look at the encoder wheel for some gunk ,,,
as the truck was sitting for 5 years without being started ,,,
maybe some contaminates on the window of the encoder ,,,,
I will have a look later and get back to yo ,,,
Cheers Rob

There are hummer owners in Australia, they are members on HummerNetworkforums .com. They might know where to get some parts over there. Maybe signup there and ask for help there. Turbo Hummers from 1996 to 2004 use the same injection pump.

Idk what emissions laws are like there, but the emissions are the only reason the ds4 was created. If you can, I would loose the ds4 for a db2 pump. In the stickies here, there is instructions how to replace the ds4 for db2. It’s a more robust pump and no electronics to fight, no pmd, no optic sensor, etc.

Thanks Will L.
I will buddy i need a new pump as i have taken the topoff the IP and removed the OS , I turnned the motor over and a part of the encoder wheel is missing ,,, so no fixing that ,,, cheers all
Thanks Rob

100% will , I jumped on the Australian hummer page and found a ds4 ip so should be hitting the road by the end of next week , Adits my left leg that was broken in the hit and run ,, my doctor has reeled me to drive auto to 12 tons , so I'm getting in the RV and having some fun till the day I have to give evidence on the meth coward that ran me down.
Stay safe all , And thanks from the bottom of my heart men ,,, This site has true legends ,,
Hoorah ,,
Robert
Australia

UPDATE ! >>>>>
I fitted the new IP ,,,,,, All good , runs great , I may have a little low fuel pressuer at the IP sitting at 4 psi at idle and drops when Wide open throtle to 0 psi , I have a #9 risistor in the PMD and a carter FP but the pump is only rated to 5 to 7 psi ,,, i checked the pump and she only puts out 5 psi on the bench with a pot of diesel and 13.8 volts so maybe just a weak pump anyhow ,,,, I may try and find a pump that will sit at 8 psi on the bench and see if that will lift the wode open trotle psi above 0 psi even 2 would be good ,, Cheers for all the hlep ,,
Rob

Rob, awesome you have it running on all 8 again.
Remember that zero psi is really vacuum inside the ip case and is doing damage.

Get the best quality pump and water separator you can possibly get and fit. Worth while investment. Keep the gauge on full time attached at the ip inlet to always know what’s happening while driving.

I have mounted a 0 to 15 psi gauge in the dash for the turbo boost and fuel psi so can keep an eye on it ..i will upgrade the pump as soon as i get a chance .i will do a pump wire upgrade while im there ...thanks again ..
Rob
I went with the fuel pump relay harness from Leroy diesel, mighty well worth it. the cost of getting it to Australia might be a killer though. The harness can be home made too. I really like the feature of having the push button switch to prime installed.
I dont know if Leroy is offering that kit with the fuel pump now, it came with a Carter pump that maintains a nice 11 PSI on the road running over 60 mph.

sounds good Marty , I have purchased from Leroy before his freight costs are not bad ,, I will flick him an email and see what the harness and pump is worth ,,cheers mate

Back