• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with a 95 6.5 no start

Even on an ac delco starter?

GM can't wait to screw us over and import Commie cars. GM already makes and imports a lot of parts in China. Again we test new parts for quality anymore.

Test voltages and then you may be bench testing the starter. It's possible it's locked up for any weird reason that you have not found yet.

close the two thick bolts on the solenoid relay. starter should rotate but not start engine.

Gotcha, super off topic but i rotated my flex plate both directions to get the bolts on, thinking backwards would that have a negative impact on anything?

I had a problem with a new starter. there was poor contact between the stator windings and the bolt that enters the stator motor housing

And jesus i have a project truck... ebrake is locked , clump of loose wires just fell out from under my dash.

from one of the thick bolts on the starter solenoid. the wire leaves the starter motor. usually a braided copper bus

Is this the truck with starter without the rear bracket?
The starter may be bent somewhere?
Is this the starter that took the piece of the flex plate?
If so, I will get a new one otherwise, you will break the new flex plate again.

Is this the truck with starter without the rear bracket?
The starter may be bent somewhere?
Is this the starter that took the piece of the flex plate?
If so, I will get a new one otherwise, you will break the new flex plate again.
This is not the same starter that took the teeth out, happened with previous owner so i put a new starter in and had to change the flex plate, also put a starter bracket on

When you take it off. it will be easier to fix it.
A planetary gearbox is built into the starter, there may be a problem with jamming in it

Back