• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help please

this will be an interesting thing to be able to rebuild our own IP's the last time I was at the junkyard there was a couple of gutted (intake's removed) 6.5's I found. looking at the engines they weren't worth pulling to rebuild. one had the intake ports on the head full of water :( both still had the IP's and lines intact and one still had the turbo. I would be willing to run out there sometime to attempt puling the IP's for a rebuild and have a spare ready.

I have two spare IP’s in need of rebuilds. Make me an offer.

Maybe try Triangle diesel Irwin, Illinois. It's possible they may have old parts in stock.

Or maybe the place I had injectors rebuilt in Michigan. That was several years ago. At our age we no longer know if places are still in business. Sometimes they aren't even alive.
For injectors - The last time I used Diesel Injection Service LLC 430 54th St SW Grand Rapids, MI 49548 (616) 531-1030

With 2300 PSI pop pressure

I have two spare IP’s in need of rebuilds. Make me an offer.
I may do that pending what I find on my engine. it's still knocking but haven't had the time or funds to do anything on it yet. hoping it's just injector noise. I might be having to park it soon and look while saving my pennies for another engine :( $2500 was the cheapest I've seen for a running engine on the car-part website not including freight. I know mine isn't worth rebuilding.

I may do that pending what I find on my engine. it's still knocking but haven't had the time or funds to do anything on it yet. hoping it's just injector noise. I might be having to park it soon and look while saving my pennies for another engine :( $2500 was the cheapest I've seen for a running engine on the car-part website not including freight. I know mine isn't worth rebuilding.
Get that engine from @3bals and the transmission too.
If I had bank, I would have him crate that engine and ship it to Me, way over here in Montana.

@adventr just had an engine shipped from the east coast to Arkansas, maybe He could give a hint as to what the weight and cost of that freight bill was.
It could not be a lot more to Texas.
With the known weight, then the cost can be figured through a shipper.
The pallet I shipped to Alaska went through Old Dominion, at least they was the shipper that picked it up. It took about six or seven days to get it there.

Get that engine from @3bals and the transmission too.
If I had bank, I would have him crate that engine and ship it to Me, way over here in Montana.
I would if I could afford it! been living mostly from paycheck to paycheck like most underpaid Americans do. we were lucky as I did have a bit in our savings when covid hit us almost 3 months ago. had enough in the piggy bank to keep everything going and not have to use but one day of paid vacation time just so not to owe my work for insurance deductions.

what's crazy is everyone in my household got it then, all of us received that antibody infusion and were told that "IF" we wanted the vax we would have to wait 90 days. well December 30th marks the 90days and I just found out my daughter tested positive again with both of her supervisors at work became positive and told her to go test. now she's home for at least 10 days. I'm praying we all don't come down with it again!

@adventr just had an engine shipped from the east coast to Arkansas, maybe He could give a hint as to what the weight and cost of that freight bill was.
It could not be a lot more to Texas.
With the known weight, then the cost can be figured through a shipper.
The pallet I shipped to Alaska went through Old Dominion, at least they was the shipper that picked it up. It took about six or seven days to get it there.

My engine came from Connecticut and was shipped to me here in Arkansas. 3-day transit time via Old Dominion and cost was $439.
Weight was 750lbs. Standard size pallet.
Hope that helps

I would if I could afford it! been living mostly from paycheck to paycheck like most underpaid Americans do. we were lucky as I did have a bit in our savings when covid hit us almost 3 months ago. had enough in the piggy bank to keep everything going and not have to use but one day of paid vacation time just so not to owe my work for insurance deductions.

what's crazy is everyone in my household got it then, all of us received that antibody infusion and were told that "IF" we wanted the vax we would have to wait 90 days. well December 30th marks the 90days and I just found out my daughter tested positive again with both of her supervisors at work became positive and told her to go test. now she's home for at least 10 days. I'm praying we all don't come down with it again!

If I read this correctly, you and the family did not get vaccinated, but received the mono-clonal anti-body infusion? I’m just trying to understand the thinking here?

If I read this correctly, you and the family did not get vaccinated, but received the mono-clonal anti-body infusion? I’m just trying to understand the thinking here?
Correct. we aren't planning on getting the vax but at the time we received the mono-clonal anti-body infusion the hospital and our doctor warned us not to get the vax until at least 90 days has passed.

Wife told me today that Dec 30th would mark that 90 days since we received it. now just days before the 30th my daughter comes up positive again. maybe it's because when we did come down with covid before it really didn't effect us much other than taste and smell and a little congestion. I'm dreading this go round praying it's just a fluke test since she did a home test. I'll know more tonight or tomorrow. wife is going in for a test, once that one is done and my daughter sees the doctor, I'll probably have to stay home for the 10 days too!

well, I got an update... they did confirm my daughter has her second round of covid, but the good side is my wife and her dad both are good. So that's a plus. I did get a laugh though.. just got back from the grocery store getting a list of stuff my daughter wanted. dropped it at her bedroom door and yelled "Delivery" and walked away. my wife started laughing and called me a meany.

Back