• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help please

vaughn8993

Reaction score
1995 c3500HD 6.5L TD

when I start the truck it immediately high idles up to 2200 RPMand doesn’t come back down. When you attempt to hit the accelerator more than 1/2 way it chokes and sputters and falls on its face. You can disconnect the optical sensor and it stops high idleing but then it only idles at about 800 RPMs and it kinda bounces and surges. I guess what I’m asking is would this be the PMD or the injector pump ?

Welcome aboard! Reconnect your OS and disconnect the CPS like Ak says. Also if you can pull codes and post them that may help us diagnose it. With a 95. Obd1 system you can short the two pins in the pcm connector and count the SES light flashes. Code 12 will be one flashes followed by two flashes pause then it flashes more codes. It will repeat once it goes through all the codes

Crank position sensor. The connector should be on the driver’s side of the engine harness runs from down by the crank pulley up the block near the IP (injection pump)

What all has been done leading up to the problem it has. Any other prior work or was this just a sudden change where it was running and driving normal. Has it been sitting any length of time or been a daily driver

What all has been done leading up to the problem it has. Any other prior work or was this just a sudden change where it was running and driving normal. Has it been sitting any length of time or been a daily driver
So the noise filter is still in line with the optic sensor and I did plug it back in and I just bought this truck was only 900 figured I’d give it a shot.

Back