• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP!!! I need a scanner to bleed ABS module

Wait you live in Grafton? I work in Brunswick. Your not far from me at all
Yup been in Grafton / Carlisle my whole life… I’ve pressure bleed this thing both ways master cylinder out and from the bleeders back. It’s still spongy, I’m sure there’s air in the internal dump valves in the abs I just need to get them to cycle. And my intention is to have the pressure bleeder on it when they cycle, that airs got to go somewhere. I’m about to give up looking for a scanner I either can’t afford or get my hands on one that will do the auto bleed. Chinese Tech 2 for 350 bucks I can do but everyone that sells them is a month for shipping. I can’t justify buying a snappy scanner to do one thing on one truck… it’s gotta go somewhere for an alignment anyway.

Just a dumb thought do you have a Mr tire location out there. About a year ago I took my truck there for an alignment. When I was there I asked them if they had the scanner to trigger an ABS. And they told me they have to have them because on trucks like mine they have to power bleed them to get all the air out and they have to trigger it at the same time kind of like you're saying when they fix a broken brake line or do a brake fluid flush on a truck. I never did go back to get that done because I had too many other problems that i had to get fixed.
I don't remember for sure but I think it was $95 for the service.

I’ve never used a scanner to bleed the brakes. The ABS has never worked on my ‘99, but they do on the ‘94 and just recently bled those and they work fine.
All depends on if you get air in the ABS module. My truck had several patches and sections of hard line repaired I’m sure it was ran out of fluid more than once. When I got it they were already really soft. I’ve replaced everything from hydroboost out all lines hoses calipers and wheel cylinders. It bleeds good and has good flow I’m sure it’s got air trapped in the module.

There are fake tech2's available on flea bay that should work fine as long as you don't update them. GM updates break them. but there is a couple of threads here on them and how they work. I have not tried one myself though.

others will chime in soon with better knowledge than I have.

Can ya'll point me in the direction of the threads discussing the fake tech 2s? Ive been watching ebay for a while and really dont want to spend 1500+ for a good used tech 2.

Can ya'll point me in the direction of the threads discussing the fake tech 2s? Ive been watching ebay for a while and really dont want to spend 1500+ for a good used tech 2.
Here is one that might help. from what I recall you never want to update them. the software that's installed is a hacked version and when it tries to connect to GM for updates it gets shut down.

Back