• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help! HEATH DIESEL

valyidol

Reaction score
Over the month ago I paid to Hearhsiesel one kit of max-e-tork&turbo-master without core. Already more month, but item not shipping. I wrote "where is my item"? He replied they don't have cores for max-e-tork now and I need to wait some more. Already two weeks, he not meet on messages any more. What can I do? Anybody knows that company?

He has two price-lists, one with the core of the other without a core. I paid for the second price. Why did not he say me that he make the tune only for my ECM? I'd send it without problems. Now I don't know what to do. He does not answer the letters. I could to buy ECM for him if he returns the money to me.
I have one listed on the for sale forum taken offers.......
What year is your ECM? How much?

He’s not ripping you off. He literally just doesn’t have a computer to tune for you. Send him yours. I had a similar experience but it wasn’t that long. Lol

This is a fact. One that he has battled ever since I met him ten years ago. On a couple of my visits to the shop, I have actually spent a few hours working the phones with recycle yards across the country to find PCMs and have them shipped to him so he can fill orders. The 'Core' issue is that people won't send in their PCMs to get them tuned because they need the vehicle. Fully understandable but, when they do get their newly tuned PCM, they just don't send in their core so he has to go out and find more and the number available is shrinking.

When I bought my Suburban, it was 'as is' which was without a PCM because it was needed to fill orders. I brought the one out of my 96 truck and had it re-tuned for the 99 Burb so I could get it home. While there, I ordered one from a recycler in NJ, had it sent to the shop, and....when the box arrived it was opened and the note that it was mine overlooked and was promptly tuned and sent out to another customer. Took me a few tries to get that one made good. That's life.

I suspect the day is coming when if you want a tune, the only way to get it is you'll have to send in your own PCM.

Last edited:
He has two price-lists, one with the core of the other without a core. I paid for the second price. Why did not he say me that he make the tune only for my ECM? I'd send it without problems. Now I don't know what to do. He does not answer the letters. I could to buy ECM for him if he returns the money to me.

What year is your ECM? How much?
See the ad in the FOR SALE forum.

I've talked with Bill and others at Heath Diesel a number of times over the past 15 years and have spent a good chunk of money with them. You can trust that your parts are in good hands and as soon as it becomes available, you'll have it.

I was going to suggest you just give them a phone call, but then realized you're in Russia, so maybe that's easier said than done. I think your biggest obstacle will be the border, not the sales department. Be patient.

I've spent big with Heath too never any problems however; there is a $200 core charge on Bill's tune so if valyidol decides to buy another computer for a core it would be better sent to Heath's instead of shipping off to Russia only to be returned back to the USA.

Yes, you're right to call him is not so simple. Besides, I did not find his phone number. There are no problems with the border. There are very big problems with time.

So if it is one price for sending in an ecm and different one (more) to just buy one with no core for the other, shouldn’t Heath buy one of the Craigslist ones, tune it and ship it since he already paid for it?

I understand if Heath can’t get one, but then he should only offer the one price of send it in only, or not take payment on something he doesn’t have when it is advertised as taking less than a week.

And for anyone going into the junkyards- notice Heath will pay $100 each, so maybe buy a few and ask for discount at the counter...

So if it is one price for sending in an ecm and different one (more) to just buy one with no core for the other, shouldn’t Heath buy one of the Craigslist ones, tune it and ship it since he already paid for it?

I understand if Heath can’t get one, but then he should only offer the one price of send it in only, or not take payment on something he doesn’t have when it is advertised as taking less than a week.

And for anyone going into the junkyards- notice Heath will pay $100 each, so maybe buy a few and ask for discount at the counter...

Yep his price to buy cores is $100 and rarely can you find any at that price, as for craigs list there is lots of risks involved so its understandable that perhaps a business does not go that route, bone yards think pickings and rarely have any 6.5td.

I agree you are right about the "send in only option" being a better business decision.

I made valyidle and offer or shall I say more of a "good will gesture" American to Russian on what I have which is a known good core only issue is to make sure the core is used for our Russian friend.

Yes, you're right to call him is not so simple. Besides, I did not find his phone number. There are no problems with the border. There are very big problems with time.

Moderators, I know a sponsor here sells the KOJO tunes but, these aren't KOJO but, if this violates the rules, I apologize in advancere.
Toll Free: 877-894-6266
Direct: 509-925-6265 or 509-933-3502
You'll have to verify but, I understand that the dialing code to the US from Russia is 810-1 then the number.

1800 Moscow time is 0800 in Washington State and when they opwn.

Bill does buy units from about anywhere he can get them, supply just doesn't keep up with demand though.
Supply shortages is about the same issue more and more retailers are having these days regardless of product...their suppliers aren't holding the inventory they used to so back orders are becoming more common. I had to wait almost two months for the Painless Wiring Headlight Harness. Then there's parts quality issues, as we know, as vendors try to keep profit margins high by sourcing lower quality parts but, that's not the issue here. At least not yet.

Also, its Catch 22 since he has to take time away from the phones helping customers to do all that's necessary to do all the stuff I mentioned in #6 which means he's not helping customers...rinse and repeat. Some recyclers won't ship out of state either. Texas is very problematic.

There are a bunch of PCM's on Carparts.com between $24 to $295. Buyer beware though. Too many recyclers will list gasser VCMs as "Engine Computers" and there's a bunch that say 5.7L which is wrong as putting unleaded in the tank. One on there from Bronco TX says "5.0L,EFI,5 Sp,4x4 ID-16216588". The ####6588 is correct, however, "Trust but, Verify" so call them and try to get them to send you a picture of the Part Number, not the RPO code sticker.

FWIW, the ones with part#116193570, 16196390 or 16185145 (typically found in the Vans) aren't going to work either.

Wondered when somebody would do that math :)

I just was not going to go there first as anything Bill can get prickly when constructive comments come along . . .

Seems that communication is the key to this question, and our friend across the globe is not getting good communication . . . All things remaining equal, I would feel the same way too given the stated scenario.

Back