• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Yeah I think y'all said Delco or Rybesto only I know I didn't spell that right..lol
Yup, Raybestos is a good brand for items like wheel cylinders, pads, and shoes. I think MC's as well. not sure if they do calipers though.

back in the day Napa would sell all kinds of kits to rebuild the WC's and MC's. they still do for some of the older vehicles, but when they came out with MC's that use an aluminum body, that all went out the window!

Not all too long ago, NAPA had kits for the aluminum body MCs. The problem being, about a buck more for the complete unit.
I dont remember if those were remand or if they were knew.
I dont like throwing away items that can be run around the block one more time, so, regardless of the price difference, I usually go for the kit, then I know itta fit.
Master cylinders on the 59 W100, they are pitted but still holding pressure for now.
Next time I mess with that old beast, those MCs are coming offa that and getting bored and SS liners installed.

Ok soooo.... I'm screwed as far as getting parts any time soon...called AutoZone,car quest, advance auto, they said they don't sell Delco anymore can't even order it... I have one option left we have a store called nu-way auto parts not to far away.. they are a Delco dealer..but not open today... If I order from rock auto does our discount really cover the shipping? And how do I use the discount code?

I have to have everything here at the same time.. remember I don't live close to town and I don't have another vehicle to drive... Once it's apart I'm screwed till I can get it back together...where do I find the discount code? Also the problem I see with Amazon is no real warranty...I can't take a bad part off and ship it back to them and wait for the new one . Once the truck is apart I have basically that day to have it back together before things go to hell.. honestly that's why I really hate the idea of using rock auto.. because if one of their parts fails my truck is sitting dead in the water for a week or two.. and that's assuming I have the money at the time to pay for the new one and the shipping and the core charges to get the new one here before I ship the old one back to them to get my refund... Personally I think if you have a part under warranty with them and it fails you should be able to call them and say you're part of failed I need a new one and they overnight it to you since their part failed...then you shop them back the old one at there cost

Well just an update because it's Monday as I told you all today was my day off but I wanted to go in to see what was going to happen with the mandates... Evidently my coworkers are also Patriots.. we stuck together and told him we ain't doing it they'll have to close the restaurant.. the owners backed down so we are still employed without masks or testing...

Well just an update because it's Monday as I told you all today was my day off but I wanted to go in to see what was going to happen with the mandates... Evidently my coworkers are also Patriots.. we stuck together and told him we ain't doing it they'll have to close the restaurant.. the owners backed down so we are still employed without masks or testing...
Good for you!

Back