• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

I'm gonna be careful how I word this cause my blood is boiling worse than my radiator..
@Husker6.5 don't you ever accuse me of not caring about my fellow Americans....I have plenty of scars to show how much I care...scars I got while protecting other people.... You want to talk about my lungs filling?? 2010 Carthage Tennessee..our community went under water from a massive flood we didn't know was coming ... Me and my neighbor Tim took the ski ropes off his boat and hooked them to us and anchor them to his truck for 3 hours we were in and out of flood water six to eight ft deep ,raging ,,getting people out of their houses that we didn't know... Having branches that were being swept downriver smashing into us , getting dragged and thrown all over the place.... One lady in fact the last person we got out named Anita named Anita nobody thought she was home because her truck wasn't there and she normally be at work at that time she was spotted in her windows and we went back to get her and her dog the only reason we're alive is because the tow ropes were tied to us. the water got so strong it was pulling us under with them. One of the other neighbors got into the truck and pulled us out with the truck that our ropes were anchored to.... We didn't know them we weren't friends they were just fellow Americans that i wasn't going to let die.. 3 days later I met Anita's husband.. remember I had no clue either one of them were had never talked to them before in my life.... Do you want to imagine my surprise when I had a soldier from the United States army come knocking on my door... In full uniform... Kind of threw me off cuz I had no clue who the guy was then he told me he was Anita's husband... He was in Afghanistan he got emergency leave to come home... All he wanted was to thank and shake the hand of the people who saved his wife's life... I shake his hand and told him I owe him more than he could ever possibly owe me...

I'm only telling you that story as one example of times I've wasted my life to save my fellow Americans or to help people that needed it... I'm not afraid to die to protect or help someone who needs it..
What I am afraid of is my country being taken over by tyrants... Almost 2 years ago they told everybody just wear these masks for a few weeks we're going to get past this everybody.. lies and b*******.... Here we are 2 years later I don't know about you but I lost my business because of this crap... Not that was any Grand sized operation or anything cuz I wasn't but I was making it.. they keep saying oh do this and everything is going to be great or do that and everything is going to get better but it doesn't they just put more and more restriction on you.... That vaccine has had no long-term testing... We don't know what it's going to do to US 20 years from now.... And let's think about this vaccinated people are the ones that brought the omnicron into the US.... So really how effective is the vaccine... Wearing masks isn't effective that's been proven time and time again... But what it is effect at is screwing your lungs up.... Anyway everything about the fact that you're breathing in particles off that s*** constantly... Oh and how about the testing, so I'm supposed to pay for the tests that I don't want, I was supposed to drive into town twice a week burning my fuel to go to my local store and get tested... That's a whole lot of wasted fuel that they're not going to pay me for.. and as I said then I have to pay for the test too... Where does it stop..... All the masks and testing is is a way for them to push you to get the vaccine because they figure eventually you'll get tired of it and just get the shot.... Even though it's killing people Nationwide but evidently you don't want to talk about that..
You don't want to help me then don't... I'll still have your back when you need it even though we don't agree on things... You don't have to have mine back...
Don't get me twisted I do not want to lose my job ....I'm not a piece of welfare trash that wants to live off the system I like making an honest days pay for an honest day's work.... But if somebody doesn't stand up to them this s*** is never going to end

Well said @Stoney
My DIL and son was skeptical about Vicki and I coming over to see them without having the shots.
We both thought, what could it hurt ?
The wifey seems to be doing okay so far, Me not so much. I am now living with a constant headache that will not go away. It laughs at aspirin, Tylenol and any other OTC meds that would normally knock a headache to its knees.
How long is this going to go on, I know not. I told my med care provider about it. She told me that I’m not the first person that has complained about the moderna shots causing this.
I would just like for this headache to go away.
Pretty soon, if people dont stand their ground on the mask mandate, the shots will be next, then what after that ? Total regime control ?
7A522992-0823-42AB-BB02-18C49F636281.jpeg

I'm gonna be careful how I word this cause my blood is boiling worse than my radiator..
@Husker6.5 don't you ever accuse me of not caring about my fellow Americans....I have plenty of scars to show how much I care...scars I got while protecting other people.... You want to talk about my lungs filling?? 2010 Carthage Tennessee..our community went under water from a massive flood we didn't know was coming ... Me and my neighbor Tim took the ski ropes off his boat and hooked them to us and anchor them to his truck for 3 hours we were in and out of flood water six to eight ft deep ,raging ,,getting people out of their houses that we didn't know... Having branches that were being swept downriver smashing into us , getting dragged and thrown all over the place.... One lady in fact the last person we got out named Anita named Anita nobody thought she was home because her truck wasn't there and she normally be at work at that time she was spotted in her windows and we went back to get her and her dog the only reason we're alive is because the tow ropes were tied to us. the water got so strong it was pulling us under with them. One of the other neighbors got into the truck and pulled us out with the truck that our ropes were anchored to.... We didn't know them we weren't friends they were just fellow Americans that i wasn't going to let die.. 3 days later I met Anita's husband.. remember I had no clue either one of them were had never talked to them before in my life.... Do you want to imagine my surprise when I had a soldier from the United States army come knocking on my door... In full uniform... Kind of threw me off cuz I had no clue who the guy was then he told me he was Anita's husband... He was in Afghanistan he got emergency leave to come home... All he wanted was to thank and shake the hand of the people who saved his wife's life... I shake his hand and told him I owe him more than he could ever possibly owe me...

I'm only telling you that story as one example of times I've wasted my life to save my fellow Americans or to help people that needed it... I'm not afraid to die to protect or help someone who needs it..
What I am afraid of is my country being taken over by tyrants... Almost 2 years ago they told everybody just wear these masks for a few weeks we're going to get past this everybody.. lies and b*******.... Here we are 2 years later I don't know about you but I lost my business because of this crap... Not that was any Grand sized operation or anything cuz I wasn't but I was making it.. they keep saying oh do this and everything is going to be great or do that and everything is going to get better but it doesn't they just put more and more restriction on you.... That vaccine has had no long-term testing... We don't know what it's going to do to US 20 years from now.... And let's think about this vaccinated people are the ones that brought the omnicron into the US.... So really how effective is the vaccine... Wearing masks isn't effective that's been proven time and time again... But what it is effect at is screwing your lungs up.... Anyway everything about the fact that you're breathing in particles off that s*** constantly... Oh and how about the testing, so I'm supposed to pay for the tests that I don't want, I was supposed to drive into town twice a week burning my fuel to go to my local store and get tested... That's a whole lot of wasted fuel that they're not going to pay me for.. and as I said then I have to pay for the test too... Where does it stop..... All the masks and testing is is a way for them to push you to get the vaccine because they figure eventually you'll get tired of it and just get the shot.... Even though it's killing people Nationwide but evidently you don't want to talk about that..
You don't want to help me then don't... I'll still have your back when you need it even though we don't agree on things... You don't have to have mine back...
Don't get me twisted I do not want to lose my job ....I'm not a piece of welfare trash that wants to live off the system I like making an honest days pay for an honest day's work.... But if somebody doesn't stand up to them this s*** is never going to end
Amen!

Thank you @WarWagon ... I meant to put a post up trying to get this bread back where it belonged... And guys I'm sorry I went on that rant last night but thit s*** really pissed me off.....
@WarWagon essentially I'm going to have to rebuild the whole brake system. Calipers hoses wheel cylinders master cylinder I was told to get the upgraded caliper pins and new shoes and pads. As for tools I got to come up with. I need to get a brake bleeder, and the brake tools for drum brakes... You guys have no idea how much I appreciate y'all's help...

To answer @WarWagon . Status is pretty much the same.. brakes work enough to stop the truck I'm keeping safe distance from people to give myself time for the oh shit catagory....less dragging it seems by a long shot...fuel lasts longer lol..going to go to car quest tomorrow and see what they have for Delco parts.. ordering from Rock Auto would be best buy .. but it also depends on delivery time... If price is about same for Delco I'll get at car quest but if it's large difference I'll order them ...

To answer @WarWagon . Status is pretty much the same.. brakes work enough to stop the truck I'm keeping safe distance from people to give myself time for the oh shit catagory....less dragging it seems by a long shot...fuel lasts longer lol..going to go to car quest tomorrow and see what they have for Delco parts.. ordering from Rock Auto would be best buy .. but it also depends on delivery time... If price is about same for Delco I'll get at car quest but if it's large difference I'll order them ...
We don't have a Car Quest near me so if I want Delco parts I only have dealer (ouch) or Rockauto. Most parts come within two or three days for me.

I still wonder if the intermittent brake pedal feel is'nt in your ABS. I have had brand new master cylinders with spongy pedals but it was consistent. If when you get your new parts on you still have that issue, let me know. if you want to take a long drive to my place, I'll help you with the ABS delete.

GM Dealer prices can be reasonable on some things. Wouldn't hurt to ask. I have been surprised on prices in line with the parts stores. Also later when having a wholesale account it' was the first choice to get what GM Dealers still had for the 1993. Picked up and delivered parts to em anyway at the time. 🤪

Working for the DOT. The shop super told us if we needed parts to have them billed through the shop then pay the money at the counter.
That way we would get the state discount and the state would never see the bill.
I have accounts at all the parts stores here in town. Whenever I ask them what the difference is between my account and the state, they tell me I’m getting all the discounts, prices are always the same as the state.
Even at our GM dealer. I frequent that store quite often and my personal discount is always the same as the state.
At least thats what they tell Me.

Holy crap!! 70 bucks each? I didn't pay anywhere near that..
But that does remind me my truck has her doing something weird low temp light keeps coming on even though it's not low..goes off after a minute or two usually

I always forget we have car quest in Horseheads.. thought about it on way home.. they usually can get Delco parts..but again it depends on the price difference... I can't see paying a massive difference if I can get them alot cheaper from rock auto.. only problem with them is IF the screw up I'm waiting weeks to ship parts back to them and wait for them to ship the right ones backs to me..and there warranty is not great .. gonna have to see what I find out from C.Q.

Ok this is going to sound like a dumb question.. asking cause car quest is closed...is there a difference in parts based on what store you get them from.. i.e. car quest, napa advance auto, auto zone...etc... If it's a Delco reman is it the same part from any of them?

Back