• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello

Richard Grant

Reaction score
My name is Richard Grant and I live in Williamson Georgia. I retired from Ford Mtr. Company in 2006 after 31 years of service. I also retired from Enercon-Eng Empower / Engineering last week after 10 years of service .

Hello Will. I have a 1996 K2500HD that needs a lot of love. I bought the truck at a steal. The man told me the trannie had been rebuilt which gave me many concerns. I was right. I purchased a used trannie from a dismantler, supposedly out of a 98 K2500. The old trannie has 2 vss plus the one in the transfer case. The purchased trannie only has the front sensor with the boss on the rear plugged. I inquired about the wiring harness and e.c.m. from the donor truck but it had been crushed. Everything I read contradicts each other.
I really need some help, I'm a body in white guy and not the make it go guy. I really appreciate you asking, Richard

Welcome! If you start a thread in the Trans section there are some guys on here that will help you out a bunch.

Back