• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from Vicksburg, MS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I normally don't creep the diesel sites unless I have problems with my 96 or one of my newer rigs.

BUT....after seeing how knowledgeable you guys are, I think I'll be bouncing back and forth from my regular forums over to here.

When I get the time, I will get updated pics of my 96, it's my work truck and although I'm in/around it all the time, you'd be surprised how little I actually think to take pics of it haha. I only have a cell phone for pics, so they can border low quality at times.

I'm addicted to the gmt400 series of trucks(88-98), they're hardy like the older trucks with a nice somewhat newer style at the same time(seen in the 95-98 model interiors).

I just resurrected a thread from the end of 2010....I felt it needed a bit of info to be finished....I know, big nono :puppy_dog_eyes:

Hell, appreciate the warm welcome guys and thanx again for the help in that graveyard thread NVW. I can't believe it, I JUST realized this wasn't just a diesel forum, lol.

Heya Doc, you're from that town that looks like Gaw-tee-A, and sounds like Goh-sure. I'm originally from a bit further north, Starkville,MS....it's south of Tupelo and west of Columbus.

I'll sure be throwing questions out, hp/tq isn't the greatest priority with this diesel, dependability IS. I never knew a diesel would die once it got started....boy was I wrong, guess I've always had good luck, lol.

I'll sure be throwing questions out, hp/tq isn't the greatest priority with this diesel, dependability IS. I never knew a diesel would die once it got started....boy was I wrong, guess I've always had good luck, lol.

We can fix that, no need to go MFI once you get your setup clean from PO DS4 is dependable, and has higher output than a MFI does

I know Starkville very well I was there last weekend, alas State did not fare well against Bama tonight as they did vs Tn Martin, my son is at State now 1st year there

Tenn-Martin was a very boring game from the start, it's one of those games I don't find enjoyable, just couldn't keep my eyes on the tv....the steak at Harvey's may have had something to do with it, but still, I was rooting for someone to switch the channels to the bama game. Then I find out our bartender is an LSU fan........the lounge/bar never got quiet after that. If ya ever want really good food and excellent service, I recommend Harvey's and The Veranda.

Well good deal, now to just figure out the issues with the current setup.

Back