• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from LA (Lower Alabama)

Ray Dawson

Reaction score
I came across this website while looking at one of the other sites I belong to. I have a 1995 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne WT that I bought for my 14 yr old son. It is going to be a father/son project and is his first vehicle. The truck is in great shape body wise and has 247k on the odometer. The tranny has a small leak and shifts a lil rough in spots but this truck runs like a beast. So, that is the nickname for his truck "The Beast".

We have gone out to the salvage yard for his first pick and picked up a 20/40/20 cloth seat, bed rails, trim rings, ash tray, and glove box. During our most recent picking, we went back to the same truck and pulled out the carpet, sun visors, and few other misc items. His headliner is toast, so we are going to go back this weekend and try and pull the headliner out of our donor truck.

We pulled out the old floor mat and replaced it with the carpet this past weekend. The donor truck was a 4wd, so we went to Walmart and bought a universal mat to cover up the hole in the carpet and bought floor mats to go over top of the universal mat. We also pulled off the side boxes and mounted the bed rails.truck pic 1.jpg new seat.jpg

I don't have alot of knowledge in regards to the GMT400's, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I was driving to work the other day and the truck nosed over and died. It will crank but it won't start. All my research has pointed to the fuel pump. So, I bought a new one with the assembly and we are gonna try and tackle this next week.

My son wants to convert the truck from manual doors/windows to power. I'm not having alot of success in finding others that have done this or how they did it...

I was driving to work the other day and the truck nosed over and died. It will crank but it won't start. All my research has pointed to the fuel pump.

No codes?

My son wants to convert the truck from manual doors/windows to power. I'm not having alot of success in finding others that have done this or how they did it...

For the conversion of manual to electric windows, will admit am not the best expert. Perhaps get a whole door from the bone yard and swap out parts?

you need to fill out your signature so we know what kind of rig it is ie gas, diesel, automatic/manual trans etc. good rig for a young un to start out with

If its a diesel really only two problems these trucks have. 1. fuel delivey and 2. electrical.
Electrical in your case 95% of the time is the PMD.
Fuel delivery could be anything from tank/tank sock to the IP.

Let us know what you have.

Welcome. Seeing the gas in signature, swap that fuel filter too. Constantly overlooked- they hide under the drivers door inside the frame rail.

Will,

I just bought new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, air filter, pcv valve, fuel filter, and ICM for this thing. I was gonna do a complete tune up on his truck at 250k but I figured if we were gonna have it torn down we might as well do the tune up since we'll already be into it.

Sometime later on, I need to replace the blower motor resistor. I just replaced the temperature control assembly not too long ago. It wouldn't work past the second setting. Now, it works up to the high setting then it cuts off. I've researched it in some other forums and everyone I spoke to pointed me to the blower motor resistor.

In doing my research, I've come across that. Is there a reason why it would not work past the second setting with the old one and upto the high setting with the new assembly?

The resistor has several spring type resistors, one for each speed. It is possible one or more failed causing those fan speed settings not to work. Not a usual fail. Also possible the switch itself is failing.

Back