• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hector with injectors

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
been looking at doing my injectors and glow plugs as what i believe are the stock injectors have 166K+ on them. i'm not sure if i can link to ebay so i'll just say i've been looking at buying from hector with injectors for the injectors and getting the glow plugs at my job(bosch duraterms) as i've got 20% off there. who here has bought from hector before? i just want to make sure i'm buying from a good source before i click buy it now. i want to go with Heath's injectors but at the price i can't afford it and i don't want to run the truck too much longer on these injectors if i can help it.

Go ahead & post the link for now it's allowed, never heard of him, IMO you'd be better off going with a known supplier rather than shopping for cheapest. IMO injector buying IS NOT something to be done by looking for the cheapest price, too many "bootleg copycat parts" out there in the injector pool sold as a OEM part, you'll never know you got a POS until damage is done. http://www.pensacolafuel.com/ is local to me and I know owner & some shop guys there; they are (Diesel Pro fessionals) IIRC they also sell on ebay sometimes, of course you'll never regret going http://www.heathdiesel.com check out our site vendors list some may offer a site member discount.

Last edited:
i've read pensacola diesel's ebay ads already. one thing i noticed is that they say their marine injectors are made by herzog but dieselpro over on DP said a little while back the herzog doens't make 6.5 injectors or 6.5 marine injectors so i don't know what to believe. i was going to buy their non-ho injectors but i guess i'm still scratching my head wondering who to go with still. i want heath's injectors but the price is out of my range, otherwise it would be a no brainer and heath would get my money again as i'm really satisfied with their service, except for the core return on the computer, but i think thats because mine was dying with internal problems.

what do you think TD? you heard my truck start up multiple times when you were adjusting the timing. do the injectors "sound" worn out? even in the dead of winter it never started hard, except for the computer issue i had, or chugged and never blew loads of white smoke. i have no idea if the are original or have been replaced as i have no paperwork to tell me anything.

Last edited:
i think i'm gonna go with pensacola's non-ho injectors. the only thing is i don't think they come with the install kit with the return lines and such so i've got to add that in.

the install kit is not that expensive, at 166K you are 2x over what Heath recommends as the change interval, if you check with the Diesel Pro fessionals at pensacola fuel they will tell you similar time to swap maybe @ 100k miles, either number you are overdue IMO, I didn't hear anything out of norm but we were idling mostly when working on yours so kinda hard for me to say by sound you NEED to replace them

Last edited:
I have used rebuilts many times but prefer new OEM injectors. Is there a place nearby that you can have your present injectors cleaned and tested? I have several vehicles so I have bought some and had many rebuilt. I always have the removed injectors pop tested just for my info after replacing them.

I bought new injectors from Tim @ Accurate Diesel. He has great service and the best price that I have found on new Bosch 6.5 TD injectors. I believe that he sells on Ebay, but also has a website with great prices, as well. I also got the Dipaco installation kits (clampless design hoses) for something like $25.00.

With that said, I have also purchased from Hector and had a very good experience with him as well. If the ebay thing doesn't bother you at all and you are okay with rebuilts, then I would go with Hector. Otherwise, I would purchase new from Tim...

Regards,

Last edited:
Pay attention to the numbers that DieselPro has posted numerous times.....buyer beware....

I have no experience with either Hector or Tim - just make sure the numbers match...

I bought rebuilts from him. He backs his work, and ships fast. His price is good and the phone tech service is reasonable. I really like my set of marines I got there. No issues and came free with dipaco install kit.

I got two sets of new bosch from Tim. The numbers were good and the injectors great. Accurate Diesel is an excellent guy to deal with but the Bosch deal he had I think that was a limited time offer but he might have gotten more in. Tim's are the best deal if he has any left.

Back