• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heaths water inj

the way mine is set up would use more water as it is basically full on or off. I could go the egt route and use water only when egt's rise but it's a fine line where you want water to come on precisely. I went to heaths link and the description he gives is what devilsown does. I too would have gone with heath as he knows his stuff. when you get the kit see if you can read what the nozzles are for flow. mine are stamped. seems no one wants to give up that info. as for tanks any polyethylene tank will work including fuel storage containers. I went with the marine tank as it has a fitting that happened to be a perfect fit. no mess no fuss. and i can still flip my rear seat down although leg room sucks. now that I have a canopy i could install an rv fresh water tank but for my purposes the 5 gallon tank works fine and i do have a spray port on the rv where i can hook up a hose to refill it should i need to. anyhow the short of it is i think you'll be pleased with heaths. Ed

Let us know how it turns out. We can compare that to the Cooling Mist kit.
Most people are agreeing on a 10% Meth/ 90% Water mix as the highest W/M ratio?

Reasons for not going with a higher meth content are? While mainly for cooling, I would like to know the pro's and con's of using methanol.

Meth can be used but from what I have been told more than 20% can do engine damge. I know running the Meth will give more power but I'm not looking for any more power, just more cooling so I'll run straight water. when you say cooling mist , aren't we talking about the same thing ?

Thanks Ed. I'm thinking about mounting a tank somehow along the framerail cause in a 2 door Tahoe, aint much space.

Kenny, what about a piece of 4" ABS pipe, mounted outside the frame rail, on pass side, with caps and an wye reduced to a filler near rear wheel?

Cooling Mist is a company that produces W/MI kits. I'm not looking for a buttload more of power, more cooling than anything.

Cooling Mist is a company that produces W/MI kits. I'm not looking for a buttload more of power, more cooling than anything.
sounds like you need an i/c and maybe w/m they would complement each other. and if i recall heaths said no more than 10% meth. and even his web site advises running straight water. when i tried 10% meth i noticed NO difference except the wallet was lighter paying for meth:eek:. you can also look into getting a fresh water rv tank sized to fit in a tahoe. Ed

well, i ordered the w/m kit, it's on the way. i have the i/c, just have to install it, and i am working on air intake. now i just have to get time to do all this.

The whole reason I'm doing WMI is so I don't need an intercooler. Gotcha on the cooling mist. I was like"I thought we were talking about the same thing" 6 Gal will be enough for me. I don't plan on running it all the time, just on hills towing.

Been checking out water tanks. Pretty much everyone is getting around 90$ for a 5 gal decent one but then it's 15$ more for a fitting to tap the tank. I can get a 5 gal fuel cell from Summit for same price with sump and fittings ready to go. And it looks cooler. I may go that route.

Those water tanks are robbery...very annoying. Thats why I like that one suggestion of some capped 4" ID PVC along the rail, cheap. Would just have to make a way to fill it.

It is robbery but It will come ready to go and look nice and neat so atleast the fuel cells are made a little better. Those water tank DIY fitting deals look like a leak waiting to happen.

I looked around CR and ebay and finally got tired. The Fuel cell I bought was 140$ but it mounts very nicely and has a sender which I can hook up to a guage. If I really had balls I would use a dual tank switch and ties the send into my fuel guage on the truck.

Attach the fill to a porta-john/jane and not only would your mist be replenished, don't have to slow down on large climbs, and not having to stop at all could save you big.

Just an idea...

Now that's sick.
:D
was Talking to Bill today. He pointed out that what I did although maybe overkill wasn't a bad thing cause the fuel cells also have foam which prevents sloshing.

Kenny, what about a piece of 4" ABS pipe, mounted outside the frame rail, on pass side, with caps and an wye reduced to a filler near rear wheel?

I like that idea, my WMI hasn't been installed yet (parked the truck a/c evaporator needs replacing driving the burb until I can get that fixed), still needed a tank, I can mount something like that inside my buckstop bumper

IS anybody running this system yet from Heath ? I have to call them. I'm sketchy about where to drill in the nozzles. The directions read like there is only one nozzle but there are two and the pic to me is a bit vague. was looking for anyone who has installed it with maybe a pic of nozzle loc.

does this help. Ed
WaterMethInjectionInstall007.jpg
[/IMG]

Back