• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Stop Selling Nitrous and Pane

Woody35

Reaction score
I was browsing Heath's site and noticed i cant seem to find the Nitrous and propane kit he offered for the 6.5? so what did he stop selling them?

Not sure but if you call and ask them they'll let you know. Nice people to talk with, you'll get a complete answer to any question you have without pressure to purchase any thing either.

I dont think they ever actually offered it, just made reference to it in some stages of kits, but never sold it.

No they did offer it. It was a ZEX Nitrous kit that his site claimed was specially geared toward the 6.5. Around the same time he still had the snow performance water methanol injection system before going to his own design.

I believe the only user of the Nitrous system was Ian(6.5Quest) on his 300rwhp truck. Which is probably why he took it off the site.

he is lurking

Ted is reading these little articles. And still using the Heath propane system and Heath/Snow 2 stage WMI. The Heath/Zex Nitrous system is still in the pickup but not being used at this time. Still not sure what I'm going to do yet as far a hitting the dyno anytime soon. With those marine injectors out I have lost a lot of horsepower.

I'm afraid it won't have power to even drive on the rollers.

So little power now I have to cover the headlights so the pickup can't see the hills in the daytime. I had to put a fan in both tail pipes just to blow the almost no existent smoke out the exhaust. It has got so bad I'm going to have to build a porch to park my pickup on because I can't run with the big dogs anymore. With the lack of power now the view never changes.

Ted is reading these little articles. And still using the Heath propane system and Heath/Snow 2 stage WMI. The Heath/Zex Nitrous system is still in the pickup but not being used at this time. Still not sure what I'm going to do yet as far a hitting the dyno anytime soon. With those marine injectors out I have lost a lot of horsepower.

I'm afraid it won't have power to even drive on the rollers.

So little power now I have to cover the headlights so the pickup can't see the hills in the daytime. I had to put a fan in both tail pipes just to blow the almost no existent smoke out the exhaust. It has got so bad I'm going to have to build a porch to park my pickup on because I can't run with the big dogs anymore. With the lack of power now the view never changes.

LOL Ted! You make me laugh...

Is it really that bad? Did Bill have anything else to say?

Are you sure theres no internal damage?

Seems like if all it needed were a set of injectors Daddy deep pockets would scrounge together whatever change is left in the couch and toss a fresh set in to fix...

You could stick one of Ian's fingers in each injector hole, and then his 2 thumbs just stick up his ass:thumbsup:

All of those saying could be seen on t-shirts at the truck stops across America.

I had to draft a VW diesel Rabbit just to get up my last hill yesterday. And you know how fast they are.

No, nothing wrong with the engine. Good oil pressure and no metal in the oil. No big injector rattle now.

Bill said it felt real strong but I'm not going to say how strong. I do know it lost a bunch of power. Like I said it feels as if I lost 100 hp with the stock injectors in it.

But with the propane on I do have to be a little careful on take off on wet pavement. I can still spin my tires on gravel!

If I wanted to I could put a set of bigger injectors back in but right now I will just have to satisified with the far right lane, the one where the slow trucks have to drive!

I'm not sure if Bills definition of power is the same as mine either,he is not interested in overfueling,like me.

Well Bill did get me an amount of HP he said it felt like, but I told him how much it felt like I lost. It doesen't throw me back in the seat. The Airdog is still on as well as the "Feed the Beast" mod. The bigger injectors and the 'A' turbo would be all it would need to be back to a 'go fast' feeling. The dual trails of black smoke would be there again but just not at this time.

635, I am willing to bet that most of that gain was from the ATT alone. Anyone else?

I've never heard so much hype about larger injectors except for SSDiesels scam page, and you Ted :)

Well Bill did get me an amount of HP he said it felt like, but I told him how much it felt like I lost. It doesen't throw me back in the seat. The Airdog is still on as well as the "Feed the Beast" mod. The bigger injectors and the 'A' turbo would be all it would need to be back to a 'go fast' feeling. The dual trails of black smoke would be there again but just not at this time.

The truck now is still faster and more powerful than it was after that beautiful motor was installed and before the ATT, pane/WMI/HO injectors and Ian's loving touch. Its just not AS fast as it was after all the upgrades which were done so poorly it destroyed the injectors, $%^& up the ATT and created a whole lot of angst for that engine.
So far as driving in the slow lane, ya right. After that "AUTOBAHN" type speed run up Snoqualami (sp) this afternoon...:eek: cry me the Snake River full.

Then there was test runs around town.:thumbsup: You've got a great truck, strong motor and some sweet upgrades and it still blows dual lines of smoke, at least it did when you went by me in the parking lot...then again, some of the smoke could have been from the tires spinning.):h

With the MPG goal you desire, the current 23mpg w/o pane you're getting and the fact that it still goes like a scalded cat only without a firecracker up its tailpipe... Add to it the propane still needs tweeking.

Tell you what, I think that instead of swaping out my IP tomorrow, how about we just swap motors...I'm ok with it...please:D

If high output injectors did nothing then why would Heath sell them, but SSD is a scam?

They do help, and maybe Bisons or Schiker's threads could explain why, as in I beleive it has been stated in the past that some of the fuel in the plunger doesnt get injected and gets recycled. Well if the injector orifice is larger then more fuel volume can flow in the same given time and pressure, and less would be recycled.

Back