• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Economizer Propane System

carveri

Reaction score
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested that the new Heath Economizer Propane system is ready to go. This new system is set to gain up to 50 rwhp and improve fuel economy up to 7 to 8 mpg. I have been running the system on my 95 6.5L for 4 months and used it during my dyno pull at US Diesel Parts Dyno Days to help make 303 rwhp. If anyone has any questions about this system please let me know. I will be out of the office all next week so the best place to ask questions is on this site untill October when I get back.

Regards,

Ian

Hi Ian -- How about filling in you signature:ihih: or at least type up the low-down on your 95 so we have some idea of your apples compared to our oranges :smile5: Well -- At least mine is more of an orange, unless yours is stock too :lol:
Have FUN - Take care

If done incorrectly , but Ian & Bill have been tweaking it some, probably more at Ian's urging as when I talked to Bill about it couple of years ago he had his doubt's, they must have it working pretty decently as Ian rolled 300 rwhp last dyno run with it on there,

I was under the understanding that Lp would compromise engine longevity a couple years ago when I was looking into it. Although, I still am not 100% sold on it, I will say that if Heath is going to market it, then there's plenty of research behind it and it's safe. They're pretty conservative.

Would you need a "pro" to set this up or could my Grandmother do it....?
i would be interested if the price isn't too far out there. when people throw in "boost mpg's by 5-15%" and the kit cost $1,500.00 and takes 10 years to break even then it's not worth it to me. keep it real world because propane isn't free.

Is it on your website? if so i can't find it.

As mentioned Ian`s out for Lunch all week....

As for the price at the moment the $$$$$`s are at a low here, okay lucky for me...

If a lot of us order it maybe they will give us a special offer, that we can`t refuse...! :biggrinjester:

I am fairly interested in this system as well. I looked at other kits and I have to say, this is the first one I have seen that is specifically designed for the 6.5 and takes in to account that our engine is IDI.

Bux are tight all over, but I am seriously looking into this as an option.

Gotta go CQWW RTTY is going on!

There is a bully dog kit at the ss site. They list a tank, but I don't remember if its included or not. Only comes on at a predetermined boost setting.

I am fairly interested in this system as well. I looked at other kits and I have to say, this is the first one I have seen that is specifically designed for the 6.5 and takes in to account that our engine is IDI.

Bux are tight all over, but I am seriously looking into this as an option.

Gotta go CQWW RTTY is going on!

for us a cross the Pond what`s a CQWW RTTY....? Sorrry but i`m only asking...

There is a bully dog kit at the ss site. They list a tank, but I don't remember if its included or not. Only comes on at a predetermined boost setting.

You got the scots, Irish, Welsh, English, & more in Your Church, but no bully dog, well i really have to sit down & think about this one...this has puzzeled me...really...

Ham Radio Contest. RTTY = Teletype (although right at everyone uses computers now instead of Teletype Machines).
CQWW = CQ magazine hosts the contest and WW means World Wide.

The object is to contact as many different countries as possible in a set amount of time.

Can be a LOT of FUN... Competition is quite intense.

Thanks Radio Man! I usually don't play on RTTY, as I am a real fan of PSK31. It has been a wild contest.

Back