• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater Controls

preachermic

Reaction score
Well, I just posted this on the place by accident. Forgot where I was at as it's been one of those days. When I turned my defroster on today the air continued to blow on the floor. No matter where I turned the control it never changed the airflow. The AC does not work either. I still have all speeds on the blower motor. Any suggestions as to where to start looking to find the cause of this problem. Thank You for any help that can be offered. BTW, I have no blown fuses that I can tell.

Well, I just posted this on the place by accident. Forgot where I was at as it's been one of those days. When I turned my defroster on today the air continued to blow on the floor. No matter where I turned the control it never changed the airflow. The AC does not work either. I still have all speeds on the blower motor. Any suggestions as to where to start looking to find the cause of this problem. Thank You for any help that can be offered. BTW, I have no blown fuses that I can tell.
odds are it's a little black box on the about 5 inches off the floor near the heater. there is one box on each side and they control vents and or something else. me thinks you need one of these. hit the more info next to the price to see a pic. then you know what you are looking for, remove the two units from your truck and swap them to see if that is the issue. Ed

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1315403,parttype,10721

A/C control head is the culprit 99.9% of the time. 95 is a one off year and ONLY 95 used that particuliar control head. They are known to fail pretty regularly as well unfortunately. My 95 sub has been through 3 replacements in the 2 years I drove it. When they failed on me they tended to go to the floor or defrost and stay there. The first 2 went to the floor and the last to defrost. The electric servos that control the dorrs rarely if EVER fail.

I am not getting any power to the little black box that Ed described so I guess I will have to go for the AC Control Head. Thank You both for your help.

Finally saved up the pennies to get the AC Control Head and everything is well. Thank you for your help! With the help you guys gave it cost me less than 1/3 of what the stealer wanted just to start.

Finally saved up the pennies to get the AC Control Head and everything is well. Thank you for your help! With the help you guys gave it cost me less than 1/3 of what the stealer wanted just to start.

Where did you get the 95 controller and how much was it? My daily driver has this problem. Thanks, Dave

Edit: I guess rockauto at $125 is prob the best price

Last edited:
In 235K and 9 years I know I replaced at least 4 of these on my 95. Their use to be a guy that repaired these but I can't remember who it was.

Greg

Back