• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater Blower Control

My heater is screwed up too I only have high and low speeds and it only blows out on the floor?

This is a failed A/C control head, pretty common issue if it is a 95. Slighly less common but still happens to the 96+. There is a fix for it, I'll try and dig up the link again that I posted on it last spring.
http://flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/hvac/imageHVACprob/gmc_ctrlhead.pdf

Where is this resistor located?

I believe it is in the top of your evap box on a 94, I know in 93 it is. 94 is a semi one off, but 93- is one style and 95 is a one off along with 96+ being a whole nother style of A/C.

Fermanator- I was asking for my 97. It only has the high speed :thumbsup:

Should be in the same place for the 97. I know that 95-99 used the same evap cores and boxes. Heres a pic of a 95.

Attachments

• evap box.jpg
    evap box.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 12
Check Rock Auto.

I had both a bad blower motor resisitor and a bad head unit.

If you pull the head unit out and look at the back side and look at the fan speed switch, you should see some darkened and discolored plastic. Mine had actually had melted a little bit.

I ohmed it out and could tell it was bad. Then found out the blower motor resistor was bad also.

Last edited:
Skinless in Cloverdale :)

Well my blower motor now works, i am minus my skin on my hands now thou man what a place to put something like that,

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get
LOLOLOLOLOLO

Cheers
James

Back