• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

head gasket easy cure ?

ya if you got that kind of a problem allread them why not try it right looks like your due for a head gasket job any way not like its going to destroy the internals neccisarily

Id try it...just not on my 95. I dont think any miracle in a bottle will fix mine, as the PO drove to the dealer after blowing a lower radiator hose, I bet mine is pretty toasted!

But If one was to get it warm towing, and then have a mild leak, Id give it a go!

I remember over at DP somebody tried one of these kits and said it bought him about 2 months before it came back even worse than before and totaled the engine. In the long run it was his opinion that it was cheaper to just pull it down and fix it right to begin with.

A buddy of mine tried to save his Nissan headgasket with Bars-Leak... worked fine for a while. Then it started leaking again, so he tried some more.

The third time it started leaking we pulled the head and went to change the gasket... what a friggin mess. That crap gums up everything.

Maybe this Kseal is better, but I dunno... changing headgaskets is just not that hard or expensive.

Of course, if you were suspicious of a headgasket going out on ya, carrying a bottle on a long trip or a holiday might be a good idea!!

Dont use it unless you want to include a radiator and heater core to your list of things to do as well as the head gasket.

I tried some head gasket repair on my cometics it didn't work at all.

Back