• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Head flow data

There used to be coverage of diesel events in eastern Tennessee in DieselPower all the time. That's just a hop away.

400, 500, haha
Dude. 161 cc. Look at the flow of the heads. The stuff he has done to his p400- I think Chris is gonna max the he351ve which I am guessing is tricked out too so it can to deal with the fuel and flow he has. He is saying hiway power, not racer- so maybe he won’t max the turbo. He hasn’t said anything about wmi or even Nos yet that I caught, but it could take both of those in mass as well, especially at 18:1.

n8in8tor showed exactly how he built his and pulled 602,350 and had a fueling issue. So go look at that amount of fuel his ip ran.

So if he isn’t maxing out the numbers- his acceleration torque is going to be lightning quick. Back to the math of Ta=J x A

Most everyone focuses on over all hp and over all torque. But knowing there is a difference in how quickly that rpm raises from idle to peak under that load makes a big difference in real world use. Think of it this way. A 700 torque engine under that full load that takes 1.5 seconds to to from idle to peak torque, vs one that gets there in one second because that torque level is lower in the rpm band. Or an engine that is 400 hp that hits it at 4100 rpm vs say 4500 rpm. If both engines have same peak power numbers, but one gets to those numbers sooner- that truck will win. Thats how electric cars dominate when the hp/torque numbers are the same. They can have 100% torque at 1 rpm all the way to top rpm. So it has a lower peak number and a faster rate of acceleration.

Go back and notice a couple random power numbers I said and see if those numbers come up later about this p400, at wheels. Thats my guesstimate.

Jeez, @Will L., chill a little man. Can't a person have a little fun once in a while? What's got you wound up so tight, wifey on you about your spending on the toys again? Yes, I know how hp and torque curves work and all the variables that affect making those numbers. Would you have had a full-on stroke if I had playfully thrown out 1,000-1,100 hp?

Jeez, @Will L., chill a little man. Can't a person have a little fun once in a while? What's got you wound up so tight, wifey on you about your spending on the toys again? Yes, I know how hp and torque curves work and all the variables that affect making those numbers. Would you have had a full-on stroke if I had playfully thrown out 1,000-1,100 hp?

Woops! Miscommunication. I was chuckling when i typed that- wasn’t wound up, I forget everyone doesn’t hear me laughing or understand that I M just razzing them.
In real life I get called mr sarcasm or sarcasmo at least once a month.

So to be clear- Chris will smash those numbers. I was trying to say it in a playful way while addressing the rate of acceleration thing added in.

Woops! Miscommunication. I was chuckling when i typed that- wasn’t wound up, I forget everyone doesn’t hear me laughing or understand that I M just razzing them.
In real life I get called mr sarcasm or sarcasmo at least once a month.

So to be clear- Chris will smash those numbers. I was trying to say it in a playful way while addressing the rate of acceleration thing added in.
I’m dumb when it comes to nummers, so, those nummers made perfectly good sense to Me. Not only that but I also suffer from CRM, which means cant rememer nummers so even if I read HP and torque specs, soon as I look away, theyre gone. Poof. Just like that.
Must be why the teachers passed Me on D- in most grades in school, push Me on through to the next grade and get Me gone. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

Back