• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hauling Hay and DOT

Very nice trailer and of course the truck is very nice too. Those are dual wheels right? Hard to tell in the picture and my eyes play tricks on me at times.

I don't know much about DOT rules weights permits etc...

But one thing I would check into is the legalities of bring an agriculture product across state lines...

example: there may be some seeds for grasses non native (to colorado) mixed in with that hay that you bring back into colorado...Don't know if hay is one of those items regulated that you have to stop at those USDA check stations or not...I know florida has them, but it says for produce...

just a thought, but I have no farm experience...but in this over regulated USofA you never know...

Very nice trailer and of course the truck is very nice too. Those are dual wheels right? Hard to tell in the picture and my eyes play tricks on me at times.

Looks like singles to me

Is it a red flag to anyone else, that if a man has to post a question about the legality of picking up some straw or hay due to weight concerns that we have a problem with too much government intrusion? I say don't worry about the laws in question because odds are that you're not going to get caught. Personal vehicle, personal items on the load for your personal use - the DOT can go pound sand. Wrong DOT guy, though, can make your world a bad place to be (reading between the lines - a prick that has never done an honest day of labor in his life, so he doesn't know what actually keeps this country rolling).

sorry for the rant - just hit a nerve reading this.

Last edited:
Yeah this is really an older thread and I made the haul with zero issues. I just got excited about the new trailer and had to put it somewhere!

As far as the DOT goes tho I suppose they have a job to do and I'm sure there is a time and place them. Screwing with the little guy or making problems where there aren't any, shouldn't be one of them.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Back