• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

has anyone ever used......

flyinvega75

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has ever used the ssd fuel miser fuel injectors. they seem like a good price just wondering if the quality is there as well. Thanks for any input guys.

you will get mixed reviews from everyone here. i purchased a set of marine injecters years ago from ssdiesel. i never had problems with them. i ran them for 30k then sold them to a friend when i did my cummins swap. he has put another 40k on them and i recently tested them all are still at 2200psi. they seem fine to me. my experinces have been good with ssdiesel just don't get the glow plugs from there regular ones are better and last longer

If you have warranty issues with anything from them you are screwed.

OK thanks a lot guys just doing as much research as I can to source both quality and affordability for the injectors I don't really want to spend 600 on a set of new injectors as I don't really have to much cash just lying around. I'm going to search again and see if there is a how to on rebuilding injectors as I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult. hopefully there is a how to and if not someone should post one and I'm sure it would get a sticky. thanks again guys.

OK thanks a lot guys just doing as much research as I can to source both quality and affordability for the injectors I don't really want to spend 600 on a set of new injectors as I don't really have to much cash just lying around. I'm going to search again and see if there is a how to on rebuilding injectors as I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult. hopefully there is a how to and if not someone should post one and I'm sure it would get a sticky. thanks again guys.

They're not that hard to rebuild, trouble is the cost of building or buying a pop tester to adjust them. The cost of building the tool for doing 1 or even 2 sets probably won't outweight the cost of buying a set already rebuilt and pop tested.

You get what you pay for with cheap injectors. My cheap set only lasted 30K before they started eating starters from sticking open. Lucky they didn't burn a piston and ruin a block on me. But a bad injector was the reason I have that nice ventilated cylinder photo...
You can look at local diesel shops for a set in the $500-600 range.

I bought a set of marine injectors from that SS site. After finding out what they are, I took them, out for boschs. I have to much time and money to risk it. They never had fuel run through them, and I was gonna put them in the classified section really cheap. I'm torn though, I feel like I'm selling small pox. That site has warranty and return issues like stated. They sent me a bunch of misfit exhaust stuff and made me keep it, because it was past return period.

A lot of people are attracted to the word "Marine" or "Miser" or any other fancy word.

That is why you only see the $600 for a set and some real one is way more than that.

Once you get over the fancy word, a good set of Bosch can be had between $300 - $400 new.
Not sure if RockAuto have them in stock but they have been the place with most steady supply.
They used to sell them for $40 each and there is always code for 5% off which can be more substantial at this price point.
There are also good seller on ebay like kr_services aka Badger Diesel.

Back