• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hard hot start causes

So I was talking to Quadstar yesterday about a tune and he said the u1000 code is what you get when you disable Passlock in the PCM. He also said the security light should not light. So between the security light on mine being active and a boost code that would instantly reset he figured the PCM really did have issues. I'm going to get a tune from him , I never was impressed with the Heath tune. Didn't seem to do anything more than the stock tune. But I understand that the later oem tunes were a hotter tune.
Yet another reason why the factory service manuals are wrong for these. You mentioned two in this thread which are the timing procedure and the full list of trouble codes. Then there's the countless incorrect wiring diagrams 😂

Cranking RPM fuel output is one of the test points on the pump bench. Nobody likes to do it since you have to get the test fluid hot and run the pump for a long time. Hogs up time on the stand and is hard to get as hot as they do in real life when heat soaked on engine shutdown.

Been told by a pump shop it's impossible to get them up to engine operating temp never mind the heat soak after shut down
Yep, it's hard to replicate the real world on the test bench. However, you can get the test fluid thin enough to start seeing if the head and rotor is loose enough to drop fuel rate at cranking RPM.

If you can swap from winter fuel to summer and that solves it...
It’s possible an ip is worn juuussst to that magic limit. Otherwise gonna say- YUP.

Dig you up some #2and see.

Back