• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Harbor Freight Toolboxes/My new snap-on

durallymax

Reaction score
Who doesnt love a great deal. I bought my roll cab in january, bought both side cabs in feb and just bought the top chest today got the last one.l

I love this box. Its actually pretty good quality if you compare it to box store brands, Kobalt, craftsman/waterloo, etc etc. And I have a whopping $1000 invested into it. I think thats pennies compared to the tools it holds.

Only complaint i have is I have 4 different keys now.

IMAG0072-1.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that big Kobalt at Lowes with the refidgerator and radio, but $1800 last I checked.

I'll probably go this route for my next big box.

Does the US General box drawers latch? My next box I would like something like Craftsmans griplatch drawers. HF boxes do seem to be a an economical option.

Does the US General box drawers latch? My next box I would like something like Craftsmans griplatch drawers. HF boxes do seem to be a an economical option.

They latch but its nothing fancy. You just push the drawer in past a detent. Its not a true latch where you have to do something extra to release it. Its not the best latch but it works ok.

The craftsmans are prettier and have nicer latching systems on some of the boxes.

but the Us General has much nicer slides and lasts longer, and is a much better deal.

I bought one of the HF US General roller cabinets about a month ago for $349. Very good quality. It compares to boxes that cost double. My only regret is that I didn't buy 2. The top and sides aren't as good of bang for the buck. I'd buy another bottom before the top. They are on sale yet with a coupon for $369. You can get the coupon from their web site.

I was actually thinking about one of thier sides. Snap On is out of thier minds what they want for one. My Main box is Snap On.

I just bought a rolling tool cart. It was fine. Again, I love Snap ON but their prices are out of control for stuff like that and the quality of the HF stuff is good enough.

My father just bought a Kobalt toolbox a few months ago. My nex toolbox will either be a Kobalt or a U.S. General.. The drawers on my father's Kobalt box are rated at 100 lbs a piece, whereas the best Craftsman ones are rated at 1/2 that. My main box is a craftsman ball bearing, and it's falling apart after 4 years. I won't buy another Craftsman toolbox. I'd love a Snap-On one but they are ridiculous in price like Kenny said.

90% of my tools are Snap-Ons and they were crazy expensive too. I don't skimp there as i'm a tool breaker. Craftsman, S&K, off brand junk, you name it i've busted/bent it. You want to see how strong and well built a tool is, give it to me for a week. My Snap-on tools look new save for scuffs in the chrome. Never busted a Snap-on anything yet.

After only 8 months of great service I picked up my HF boxes replacement yesterday. A Used KRL7023 Snap-On with SS top for $2,900. its in decent shape showing some useage and some road bruises, but in really good shape for the price, over $10,000 new. Looking around their are selling for $4,000-$7,000 used for this series box.

I didnt want to buy one but had it in my craigs notification on my phone so everytime a KRL box was posted it told me. i found this one 4.5 hours away, and it was too good of a deal to pass up. plus the guy agreed to meet me half way.

I love the two big drawers. Still like the KRL1033 better with its two big full width drawers but this box is still very nice. I also love the huge SS work top, its nice to have this space.

I dont like the color, but o well. Cranberry, green Mica and the lime green are my favorite colors.

Moving into it this afternoon, already sold the HF box to a co-worker. Ill put up some more pictures once i get moved in.

IMAG0276.jpg

Nice deal there Vinny.
Side note: I see you have the tractor split again. Clutch not living like it should?

not really it was towards the end of the pass, got bouncing pretty good a then it snapped.

Finally moved into it, cleaned all of the tools and such in the process. Still need to clean out the tracks on the drawer slides, but most all of them are sliding nicely now with the weight and some use on them. Really loving this box now that im using it.

Few pics for fun.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

Back