• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Half Pint - Jeep Fire Rescue

That stuff works good on anything rubber needing lube. Hummer windows are rough riding in the side tracks and that makes all the difference. You guys might try it in your window tracks as well.
Excellent, I need to dismantle the window tracks in the 69 IH as they are very sticky needing help back up while cranking.

Back in my day, they were all steel with ball bearing wheels and rubber tires, a wood steering wheel and wood ladders and you PEDALLED them!

My kids were 6volt- when that battery died it got a SEALED 12volt. That was the best move EVER! it had low and high speed. The low speed was now equal to the old high, and high was quicker of course. Then battery life between charging- used to have to charge that thing every day or every other day. Bigger 12v battery and that thing would go a week to 10’days , and it would slow down just a little the day you realized you need to charge it rather than just go from ok to dead in 2 minutes.

for charging I just bought a 3 amp trickle charger, wired in connector to the battery. So just plug it in without having to undo the stupid connection each time. Oh yeah- the battery and the trickle charger were cheaper than just a new power wheels battery.

In another thread on here I talked about the local/area lawn tractor pulling league we had back in the early 1990's. 1800cc engine size limit. Most people ran 1970's/80's 1.8 Datsun and Toyota RWD motors, adapted to a Powerglide transmission with narrowed Datsun/Toyota rear ends under the lawn tractor. So you'd see old Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Ford, Deere lawn/yard tractors in these competitions. My buddy, a dealership Subaru mechanic, ran an 1800 cc Subaru EA81 motor in his. That flat 4 not only kept the center of gravity low, being a flat, opposed 4 kept frame twisting down compared to the Datsun/Toyota straight 4's, but also looked cooler than hell with the heads out each side under the hood of the tractor and two straight exhaust pipes sticking up on each side and a 2bbl Hitachi carb sitting on each head's intake tract!

Back