• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H2 Wheels on a 2500 Classic

I keep forgetting I will need a brake controller and need to get one and install before I get my Trailer. I am looking at a 7'X16' cargo trailer with 3500# axles that i can tow my junk from here to there.

I've just finished installing a tekonsha P3 controller.

Even though I haven't towed with it yet (6000 lb travel trailer), it appears to be a quality unit. Packed full of features too.

Might be worth checking it out.

I chose to do a bit more "custom" install instead of mounting it hanging off/under the dash on a bracket:

DSC03888.jpg

When the trailer isn't hooked up, I can scroll to "troubleshooting" in the P3's menu and use it as a battery voltage meter. Accurate down to .01 volts. Kinda cool to watch it change with the music when the stereo is running in "ACC".

Look in my garage also I'm running the chrome H2 '06 with 265s. I get alot of complements when they are clean people seem to like the look. When I tell them they are H2 wheels they are supprised.

I had to go to Savannah, GA the other day and it was about 550 mi round trip. I am running 55 psi ft and rr on the 285's as I was running empty..

I averaged 19.7 mpg calculated after fillups running 75 mph on cruise.

I am very happy with that. stock only got 20 mpg. Oh, I have my Edge Evo Race set on level 3.

There are four little tabs that space the caps about an 1/8-5/32 off the wheel. The plastic decorative lug nut cover threads will not engage sufficiently unless you remove them. After you remove the tabs, I used a Dremel Tool with a cut off wheen or a small Zona saw wood also work, the lug nut covers threads engage well.

You will be happy with those wheels.

When I got my Boulder h2's I had to trim about an 1/8" off of the center caps for the plastic lugs to screw onto the lugnuts. I really like the look.

As long as you are still running the stock hitch it will. I can't get more than a worn 265 in front of the Putnam but I don't trust the stocker with 15k hooked to it.

I have the Putnam XDR as well...I can't even get the stock 245 in there with the mag hytec diff cover :(

Back