• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Guys I need help

guybb3

Reaction score
The odometer stopped working on my Sub and the guy I had fix my daughter's gauge cluster mrwhizard.com doesn't do the old Sub gauges. Anybody know who can fix these? I can get a replacement from ebay but I am proud of my 242,000 miles and don't want a newer one but at the same time don't want a worn out one.

Not many do the old style gauge clusters. You can check with technicar in Oldsmar Fl as they rebuild clusters for GM.

The mechanical odometer and trip odo can be swapped into another cluster with 0 pain. It is like 2 bolts holding the number wheels in. Typically you have a gear crack and jam on the trip odo. It should slip and allow the ODO to keep working. Different gear can crack and jam the ODO. The crack changes the teeth spacing by the crack and the gears then jam.

I got parts for a broken gear in my 1993 from here after a couple tries:
http://www.instrumentclusters.com/
You could send it in to have the wheels set after they replace the unit with the broken gear.

Back