• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GTG July 17th Sycamore/DeKalb

Guys, Alicia and I had a wonderful time today, meeting with y'all! It was really neat to put faces and names together, and to build on the connections that we have made through this forum. Now I will see faces when I type on here!

Mike and Karla, thanks SO MUCH for hosting us all.. this was a fabulous addition to our holidays, and we wouldn't have missed it for anything.

DSC01835.jpg

Marty (BlizzardPlowMan), Paul (Paveltolz), John (jmiller), Forrest (Treegump), Mike (BTFarm), Mark (Ghostrider500), Dave (12ga Diesel), Jim (jifaire). Unfortunately, Greg (Crankme69) had already left...

Here are a few more:

DSC01831.jpg John, Greg, Forrest

DSC01832.jpg Dave, Keri, Karla, Jim, Jeff

DSC01833.jpg Paul, Maggie, Mark, Dave

We enjoyed meeting you all and are enriched by your friendship... and by Wendy's sharing the dessert recipe!!

Happy trails, everyone!

Hey, it was great to meet everybody and to put a face to the name. Special thanks to Mike and Karla for hosting the GTG. Hopefully there will be more GTGs in the cards down the road. Still need a chance to sign the "can".:)

Just repeating what everyone else has already said, but it was great meeting you all, especially putting faces to names. Also, I came to the realization that I need to get back on here and keep up to date with the forum, since you guys were talking about stuff I wasn't familiar with, haha. Thanks again Mike and Karla for hosting it and for the 3 servings that made up my lunch and supper! :)

What a Turnout!

and what a HOT day too!:eek:
5 states and 1 Canadian provence represented. That's probably some kind of record.
What a pleasure to meet all of you and the wives/girlfriends. Karla informed me when we had settled down in the late evening last night that she had a great time.
I knew I could count on you guys to show up but I especially wanted to shout out a big HEY:hello: to Alicia, Margaret, Keri, Wendy and Karla for putting up with us and at least pretending to have fun. Wendy, LOVED the desert!:thumbsup:

More than anything we were thrilled that everyone came and had a good time. The only unfortunate thing was the heat that made it pretty unbearable to hang out by the trucks and swap lies...errrr... stories about them:D but then the ladies would have been rolling there eyes at us and giving us the 'look' (you know the one...) because they were being ignored (again:nonod:)

Here's a few pics from my camera.
All the trucks & cars lined up minus a few in front. Anchored by mine and Marty's big Dually
GTG 7-17-11 019.jpg GTG 7-17-11 017.jpg
Paul's White one was the star this day! Not to mention a long hauler...
GTG 7-17-11 006.jpg
Shots from the socializing in the garage but mostly staying in the shade and by the fan.
GTG 7-17-11 001.jpg GTG 7-17-11 021.jpg

GTG 7-17-11 004.jpg GTG 7-17-11 013.jpg

Here's the suspects L-R:
Marty (Blizzardplowman), Paul (Pavetolz), John (Jmiller), Forest (Treegump), Mike (BTFarm), Mark (Ghostrider500), Dave (12gaDiesel), Jim, (JiFaire)

Greg (Crankme69), Jimmie (Dieselkidd04), and Jeff (my son) had left before the pic.
GTG 7-17-11 023.jpg

Next one? We'll do this in a cooler month no?

Alright, who showed up in a car? This is a truck forum. Jim?:rolleyes5::)

Well, it was a DIESEL forum first, Leo... and Mike only had room for one of them to turn around in his yard.

DSC01348.jpg

I had to get down there SOMEhow, didn't I? :D

Nice! Thanks for sharing the photos to put names with faces. :thumbsup: Glad everyone had a great time.

It just doesn't get any better than these opportunities to get a bunch of this brotherhood together in person like that and this one in particular because of Jim and Paul just happening to be at the right place and time. You guys out east know already though since there's such a good group of members out your way. I'd love to some day be able to meet up with all you guys with our crowd somewhere around mid way between so we could have all the Ohio/Michigan guys included. That's a tall order though...

It just doesn't get any better than these opportunities to get a bunch of this brotherhood together in person like that and this one in particular because of Jim and Paul just happening to be at the right place and time. You guys out east know already though since there's such a good group of members out your way. I'd love to some day be able to meet up with all you guys with our crowd somewhere around mid way between so we could have all the Ohio/Michigan guys included. That's a tall order though...

That would for sure be something great if we could do it. :thumbsup: I'm sure it would take more than just some great planning, but some great luck too. Maybe if we could set a date that was like 4 months or so out, so that everyone could have as much time as possible to make sure that a weekend would work for them and save up for that fuel money. :mad2: It was great to meet Jim and Paul from out of our neck of the woods, and it would just as great to meet all of you guys from out east.:thumbsup:

Mike, Karla and everyone, Thank you again for a memorable afternoon. To echo what everyone else said, it was a great GTG and a time I will remember fondly for years to come.
It was great to put faces to names and to get to know everyone. Karla, the food was fantastic and Wendy, the desert was a big hit, especially with my waistline. Maggie had fun meeting everyone too and, to tell you the truth, you are all as advertised or as you represent yourselves on this forum. The good natured ribbing and jokes all translate a lot better in person though. Hated to leave but all good things must come to an end. Thanks for the truck compliments too. I wouldn't have had the confidence without the knowledge and encouragement of the friends I have met through the 6.5 community.

We're still motoring along nicely and have about 1400 miles to go with the truck starting Saturday. It still has that funny noise around Dairy Queens though....
Jim, keep driving safe, stay the course and with a few sneaky maneuvers, you might lose that little car that keeps following you around.

I'll either be driving a U-Haul or 2011 F-250 diesel back home from NC starting Saturday. Not sure which I prefer.... sorry, had to throw that one out there.

Again, thanks everyone, it was certainly worth the journey.

Because you asked for it - my family (and the sister holding my niece just had my nephew last Saturday night/Sunday morning. :) )

154905_561090607982_22101920_32792582_3144535_n.jpg

Back