• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GTG July 17th Sycamore/DeKalb

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Here's the official notice guys (and gals?). Our Get Together at the Sycamore place is this Sunday 7/17/11 from 1200-1800. Same location around the back as last time. Karla says we're having Sloppy Joes about 1500-1600 or so with chips, olives, etc. Bring a chair if you can and what you want to drink (I will have a few BLs and waters). We have Jim Faire and Alicia and Paul (Paveltolz) with Margaret (Maggie?) from out of town and several of the usual suspects. It's supposed to be pretty hot but it is shady back there by the barn. I'm attaching the map and directions but remember that you are supposed to take the driveway next to the old white farmhouse west of ours by the log home so you can get around to the back.
Address is: 14265 Barber Greene Rd, Sycamore, Il 60178
We are about 4-5 miles from the Peace Rd exit on I88 see map below

Cabin  Map.JPG

This next shot is showing where you would get to after you turn east on BG Rd off of Northbound Peace Rd and go about 1/4 mile up the long slope from the Somonauk Rd stop sign.

Cabin Aerial.JPG

Here's a bit more of a closeup. The Cabin is to your right (not in this closeup) but you want the neighbor's drive to the back.

Cabin Aerial 1.JPG

I will have this sign (the TTS :hihi: one) out by the road.

TTS sign.jpg

Really lookin' forward to it guys. I'll post my cell # in a PM to all of you.
Post your rsvp in this thread so we can get an idea of numbers.
If I forgot to contact any others that would like to come, be sure and let me know and by all means join us!

Count me in Mike, I'll be there.

Hope to see as many of us there this weekend and will be good to see some new faces in the crowd too! Thanks again for doing this Mike.

Thanks x3 (Maggie and I) for the invite Mike, We'll be there a little after two I think and we are very much looking forward to it.
Paul

Thanks for setting this up, Mike!

Alicia and I will be there as well - looking forward to seeing you and Karla! Dave, Paul and Maggie, it will be great to meet you guys also!

Jim

Am going to try to make it, but have some pressing issues here first to take care of. Will be there during the latter part of the day.

I'm planning on making it. Won't be driving the truck due to transmission problems:sad:, but still planning on making it there.

I'm told that Italian beef is on the menu again instead of sloppy joes. I'm good with that... :D

Here's what I have:
Mike +2 (Wife & son)
Jim +1 (Wife)
Marty +1 (Wife)
Dave
Greg
Paul +1 (Wife)
John (maybe +1)
Forest
Mark
Total = 13 (or 14)

Possibles:
Jimmy +1 (GF)
Nick
Ben

Possibly 18 total

By are my daughter's in-laws, well, mother-in-law anyway, so not understanding how I can drive all this way for the reception and not want to spend Sunday AND Monday with them. Hard to explain that my real motivation / reward for coming out here for a second reception IS the GTG at Mike's.

The "Member's Rig" spotted thread should get a few new photos and comments after today too. Chant along from Romper Room days, "I see Mike and Jim and Mark and, oh look, there's Marty and Dave...."

I guess the VW is gonna make the trip today, thought about bringing the bike but it's gonna be too dam hot for my liking.

The blower motor chit the bed on the truck yesterday & the AC unit I charged up 2 weeks ago on the Tahoe is MT again...

See ya all later this afternoon...;)

Hope the GTG goes off without a hitch for everybody.

Mike, you're a good man for inviting us. It's only 400 or so miles for me, but it just wasn't in the cards this time.

There's always another time.

Keri and I had a great time today getting to meet Mike, Greg and John again and seeing all the new faces as well. Safe travels back for the two long haulers, Paul and Jim, back out west and up north. Mike and Karla thank you so much for the hospitality (and the IBC black cherry pop that Karla shared with Keri). The whole day was much appreciated. :hurray:

Here are the pictures I took today. I did take a few of them in either the HDR modes and a couple others. I think they turned out pretty good.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/dzickusjr/TTS GTG 7-17-2011/

Grest to see everyone today! Glad the wives had a good time also. :) Looking forward to next year. Thanks for hosting Mike and Karla

Per Girls request, here is the Desert recipe :)

Chocolate Eclaire torte: DAIRY
2) sm boxes french vanilia pudding
3) cups milk
1) 8-9 oz cool whip
Large box graham crackers

Frosting:
3) sq unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 tsp water
2 tbl spoon butter
3 tsp milk
1 tsp corn syrup

Fold together pudding and cool whip mixture.
Place graham cracker on the bottom don't crush . put in half pudding mixture, then another layer of graham crackers, the other half of pudding mixture and another layer of graham crackers.
Melt chocolate, water,butter,milk and corn syrup on low heat. Add powdered sugar. May need to add more water till frosting is smooth and easy to spread over last layer of graham crackers. Place in refrigerator over night.

NOTE: to make non-dairy make 1 large box cooked vanilla pudding with soy milk and cool Mix one pint of rich whip non dairy whipping cream and fold together. I add 1/2 cup sugar to the rich whip. Frosting recipe use soy milk in place of milk. I'm allergic to dairy so I make it this way all the time and no one knows the difference.
Enjoy! Wendy

Back