• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greaseable door hinge pins

I don’t think so. The body style changed in 99 but they kept producing the obs 99 and 2000 like ours. A whole bunch of stuff for our trucks stop at 98. If you look up after market front bumpers for our trucks it stops at 98. I don’t know why but It gets on my nerves.

I don’t think so. The body style changed in 99 but they kept producing the obs 99 and 2000 like ours. A whole bunch of stuff for our trucks stop at 98. If you look up after market front bumpers for our trucks it stops at 98. I don’t know why but It gets on my nerves.
Yeah, this truck, unlike the 1990 Cummins dodge I once had, this thing warms up, the dodge did not.
I thought I was going to need a winter front for it, I ordered one, it got here, was for the next gen body style. The application listed from 2000 to ????
what a mistake, it was from a close out on Cabellas and by the time it got here, the 88 to 98 units was all gone.
I did not need it anyway, this truck warms up just idling and with the PTO option hooked up and turned on, it takes even less time to warm up.
The neighbor has the next gen in a K2500 and a gasser, one day when He was gone, I took it over and set it in front of his garage door, along with a real nice length of 1/2" high pressure hydraulic hose. He has a skid steer and is always building some kind of an accessory for it, he`ll use it somewhere, nothing goes to waste over there. LOLOLOL

Hey guys, I love that this thread has come up.

I called my local dealer on the above Lawson part just now and asked about the OEM part number. He confirmed that it is for the front doors on a 88-98 C/K series truck. It was about a week out so not real readily available and at a cost of $121.

I just did mine yesterday and rather than the regular Dorman/cheap parts store pieces that I have used in the past, this time I used a made in the USA kit from Total Automotive. At $40 per door, it was more expensive but I'm hoping they hold up longer. So at $121 for the greasable ones, I wonder if it's worth it? Even the cheap ones last for several years and are pretty easy to change.
I do love a fix-it-forever solution though.

Back