• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got the 6.5 TD affliction

Shard

Reaction score
Hi all, been visiting these sites for awhile to cut my teeth on these “inferior” diesels. Started with a 300k mi 97 1 ton GMC savanna 6.5 TD Pepsi route truck, ( still love and drive near daily for work). That was 5 years ago. Prior to this only Diesel engines I had worked with was 2.0 Toyota Camry and DT 466. I had and will always be a sbc fan which is odd it took me so long to get my hands on 6.5. This van introduced me to the awesome fuel mileage and weak points in the motor. I’ve been hooked since. I’ve added a 95 GMC Sierra extended cab k3500 DRW with neglected motor. Just put low mileage used transmission in van and prepping for motor swap in the truck as I’ve just sourced a low mileage HD unit for it. I’m sure I’ll posting the progress on motor swap soon . Thanks for having me be a part of this community

Back