• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got stuck on the job.

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
Was just cruisin to the equipment to fill them up with my 200 gal tank full and found a stump hole that was covered up. SUNK
12k winch was already burned up so i was screwed. Had to get my buddy in his powerstroke to pull me out. He bearly got it out.
l_6509e7dbc254e21863746f81921e6a66.jpg

l_9132b2719683e011ada801c62b4d37c8.jpg

l_baf85029d744a57d43ef9532ea12e5e7.jpg

yeah you got stuck all right. dentpusha stole what i was going to say

First time i got it stuck. The 200 gals of diesel in the bed doesnt help in the mud...

that's about as stuck as i was one day, i had to walk a half mile back to my grandpa's to get our 1486 and a chain. now i keep a twisted shackle in there, just for stuff like this. My avatar is the pic from when i got home. I had to spend an hour pressure washing it to get the mud off.

Man, any more sunk down like that, and I don't think you'd have got the door open. Would have had to go through the window. If that was a stump hole, that was one massive tree. Glad to hear you got out alright, but sorry that you had to have a PSD pull you out.

I don't have any pics of it but I did the same thing in an army vehicle on my drivers course to boot. Sunk an army jeep right up to the frame rails. Rooster tails abound when you tried to drive it out. We got away with it to. Managed to get ourselves out and washed off, the jeep to.

Our course directors instruction as we headed out to the trucks - "there will be no off-roading, understand..."

no pics you say?...considered the post worthless and therefore pending deletion.....lol...just kiddin.....no offroading?....phh...taking a jeep out?....whatever....ok will do!..lol

HA HA, looks like some fun there! Reminds me of my old muddin days. It gets expensive at the car wash though!

It broke the winch more and burned the positive terminal off one of the batteries. Haha
The whole truck wasnt in the sinkhole just the front, then the back sunk.

It broke the winch more and burned the positive terminal off one of the batteries. Haha
The whole truck wasnt in the sinkhole just the front, then the back sunk.
Damn!

What kind of winch was it?

With the extra 1,400 - 1,600 lbs from the auxiliary tank & 200 gallons of fuel, plus that HD bumper, I would guess that the truck weighed close to the 9,200 lb GVWR. I don't think the 12,000 lb winch would have been big enough considering how deep it was stuck.

Damn!

What kind of winch was it?

With the extra 1,400 - 1,600 lbs from the auxiliary tank & 200 gallons of fuel, plus that HD bumper, I would guess that the truck weighed close to the 9,200 lb GVWR. I don't think the 12,000 lb winch would have been big enough considering how deep it was stuck.

It was a Ramsey winch. The truck had already been through hell from the rednecks at DEMCO, a utility company so im sure it was on its last leg already.

Get a hydraulic winch, lol. My grandpa was stationed in Kentucky during the Korean War, and they accidentally buried a 6x6, how I don't know, and they hooked the winch around the biggest tree they could find, and it pulled right out with the big PTO/Hydro winch they had on there.

Back