• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my engine choices narrowed down to 3 options

twin turbo p400 capble of 500 hp:hihi:

Marine use w/unlimited cool water cooling?

I don't think your going to see anymore than 350HP tops at the rear wheels. Even that may be stretching it. Don't get me wrong. thats plenty. I'm happy with my 200.

Marine use w/unlimited cool water cooling?

I don't think your going to see anymore than 350HP tops at the rear wheels. Even that may be stretching it. Don't get me wrong. thats plenty. I'm happy with my 200.

A gent on the mainland has a P400 in his 93 1 ton 4x4 dually.

After some tweaking it spun the mustang dyno at BD performance to 215 rwhp and 450 lb/ft.

That's with all the stock GM stuff (GM4, exhaust, etc) in full street trim.

Not too shabby.

Last I heard he had a gm8 on there, a Duramax exhaust and an intercooler. No idea on how much it made in that trim.

But I'm just after durability and the P400 castings have it in spades...if I go that way instead of a 'Max swap.

:)

A gent on the mainland has a P400 in his 93 1 ton 4x4 dually.

After some tweaking it spun the mustang dyno at BD performance to 215 rwhp and 450 lb/ft.

That's with all the stock GM stuff (GM4, exhaust, etc) in full street trim.

Not too shabby.

Last I heard he had a gm8 on there, a Duramax exhaust and an intercooler. No idea on how much it made in that trim.

But I'm just after durability and the P400 castings have it in spades...if I go that way instead of a 'Max swap.

Thats what I mean. That is pretty far off from 500hp, considering how its already a charged engine. Still a great engine.

It would last a good 300k mi+ I would think. Probably be more durable than the Dmax perhaps. Probably twice that with your attention to perfection and detail. I'm sure your maintenance is done in similar fashion. <Caugh> Anal <Caugh>. Ahem, excuse me. :)

Thats what I mean. That is pretty far off from 500hp, considering how its already a charged engine. Still a great engine.

It would last a good 300k mi+ I would think. Probably be more durable than the Dmax perhaps. Probably twice that with your attention to perfection and detail. I'm sure your maintenance is done in similar fashion. <Caugh> Anal <Caugh>. Ahem, excuse me. :)

Ah, Matt.....

I said 500 hp as a maximum.

That was with the hummer center mount system, the cat induction, and taking the maximum 28 PSI that the engineers say it will hold.

If you put all the original GMT400 6.5 stuff on it, there's no doubt in my mind it will not make 500hp....

What?

Anal?

About maintenance?

ME?

Nah. Just becuse I write down every fill up, oil change, part change and part number in a book and track it on a fleet manager program for all 6 of my vehicles that doesn't make me "anal".......does it?

;)

Cheers

Last edited:
second page seems locked out, need to post to see it....

Cummins is out gents.

Too much weight over the IFS.

Even worse in winter when I through the 7.5 foot fisher plow on.

Even a 'Max is going to add another 150-200 lbs.

The weight consideration alone makes the P400 option attractive.

I don't think I'd go for an Optimizer. If I'm going to drop that type of coin on an IDI, I'll pony up a few thou more and get the biggest and baddest.

I've heard a few rumors that the P400 will produce and hold 500 HP at it's max capacity. That's more than I'll ever need......

When you use " ... " on the end of a thread title this will create the 2nd page lockout problem. Just leave off the extra dots and it should be fine.

I edited your thread title so you should be able to access it now.

Back