• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got me a new truck

Got some new floor mats for my truck. I went with the husky Liners. They fit nicely, and will keep crap from accumulating and staining my carpet.
IMG_1464.JPG
Here is the front drivers side.
IMG_1465.JPG
Front passenger side
IMG_1466.JPG
Back seat, it covers the entire carpet area.
IMG_1467.JPG
I park in a gravel parking lot at work, should have wiped them down first.

My next step is a chrome tip. I want one that is doubled wall and covers the entire factory tip.
Anybody got any leads on one please assist!

Marty. Check Borla or MBRP for exhaust tips. Not sure if you have that Bazooka type tip on your new truck, but that may make finding a tip a little difficult.

My buddy actually cut off the "bazooka" and welded on a MBRP tip. It's yellowing pretty bad now because of the heat. Might look into a black one so it will keep it's color..FWIW.

They got rid of the bazooka tip. I need to go out and measure the one that is on there.
Here is a picture,
Tip.JPG
It looks shiny in the picture. It is not chrome.
Just don't make no sense. You get a gas High Country and it comes with a chrome tip.

If the pipe is an equal sized diameter, then it is either 3.5 or 4". If it is angled, then it will be a little more difficult. You should be able to get a nice bolt/clamp on MBRB double walled stainless steel tip. They use a band styled clamp.

Any of the stainless tips will yellow. My FLO PRO 5 inch stainless has turned to a pretty dingy yellow after a few tows. And your 15 does have the bazooka style tip, it just isn't dimpled like 07.5-13 was. It's easy enough to find a tip, just yank all that emissions crap off, call up PPEI and get a tune, and delete that bad boy.

I thought that the tip looked angular or flared like the bazooka tip.
I think pulling everything off on a brand new truck like his is wrong based on voiding the warranty. I am not sure he is ready for that just yet. I think he is looking for a simple bolt on styled tip to fit what he has.

The length of the tip is 17". The diamter at the end, center, and front is 15 3/4". The tip going across is right under 5".

who is good at math?

No, I will not yank off emission crap till warranty expires.

I just want a bolt on.

Maybe a all black tip will look better. Don't want it too yellow.

You could do a DPS back exhaust on it, or delete the muffler and weld on a different tip. Anything from the DPF back won't void your warranty, but it won't change the sound much either as the cat and dual stage DPF quietens the engine ALOT. I know an LMM with no muffler sounded almost identical to one with a muffler, and it's DPF isn't as big as the LML's.

Back