• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got me a new camper. Woohoo.

New upgrade. LED lights.
296028aaf01e8171c4fe8b0eb7530d32.jpg

Finally got a wire harness built for the running lights on the camper yesterday. Still have to figure out the power wire to run the fridge portion, but we want to have solar and a battery bank for boondocking so that will come later on. From what I've heard the 3 way fridges like we have don't work to well on d.c. anyway so that might be and upgrade as well.
Ran the cable down the inside corner of the drivers side and attached it with loop clip cable holders. (not sure what the right name is.)
ef6d260f7727a22259795d9974afa46e.jpg

f51524b1a5600ddbbc9df2707292a391.jpg

d6dd42937ff5b7cd5b79f262c3d31b21.jpg

Oh, and I redid my trailer plug in the truck. Old one was cracked and falling off again. Saw some one did this either on here or over on expedition portal.
ad2e7c6305f096e559db2523f68a2546.jpg

I'm happy with how it turned out. My hole saw cut through the bumper way easier than I thought it would. I used some rest dif oil to lubricate. Stunk bad but worked.

Thats a smart location for the 7pin, well protected.

They are called loom clamps, I had to ask the salesman years ago when I had the truck equipment shop. I think I called them "rubber covered strap things".

Which btw, I need to restock my shop with. Its been years since I've checked pricing, but I bought from Delcity.net back when you called in your order to a person- and they had a stocked mobile truck do weekly routes if you wanted. Yes my hair is grey, haha. As if you guys couldnt tell by how I ramble on...Anyways, thought I would share the name of a good electrical supplier. Idk if they still do, but you could draw out a harness, and they would build it for you, as well as supplying any wire, connector, retainer, etc.

I bet we have the same fridge. Ive only ever run mine on AC.
Leroy I've been meaning to ask you about your camper. If you have the split entry door could you take a couple pictures of it with the top down. The lady I bought mine from said with the top down water will come in through the top. There's no seal right there on mine.
9f8398d15decf256242713ddf4d45933.jpg

Back