• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got A Squeaky Pulley

Aren't the electric insufficent for towing or plowing? When I changed mine, I didn't remove anything. But I have a LB7. I was pretty much working with the tips of my fingers and it was a PITA.

My shroud sits right against the engine in my BURB as I had to slide it back some and I still can get to the belt to change it. It does take a little persuasion and don't even think about changing it hot, but it is doable.

Here's what my Belt Looks like, it's that Shiney, and has a few Grooves on it:

Attachments

• IMG00011-20091104-1206.jpg
    IMG00011-20091104-1206.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
I want to change mine since I'm a few days away from 110k. Been puttin' it off because of the PITA factor. Why not post up a little DIY for a brother Bill?:D Did you also replace the idler just for GP too?

when you guys change your belts i would just leave that inner shroud off. so much of a pita to change the belt on the road if you ever have to. you lose your belt you lose charging, steering, and brakes and if the summer time fan pulling air through the radiator.

been there done that. 5 min belt change on the road with no shroud and no worries :)

Any updates on this Bill?

Robert, I am glad you asked. While sitting in the rain today at the bus stop waiting for my daughter I thought I need to give an update. So far things are very quiet. We have had rain and damp mornings since I changed the belt. No more chirp. I hope it stays this way.

Last edited:
:D great to hear bill! just keep the stocker around in case this gatorback does fail.

with all this belt talk that reminds me i gotta find a 6 rib 145" belt for my new custom built accessory that is sitting where the second alternator is supposed to be ;)

found 142 and 149 but nothing inbetween so far

:D great to hear bill! just keep the stocker around in case this gatorback does fail.

Advise taken. Its in there hopefully to never be needed. :thumbsup:

with all this belt talk that reminds me i gotta find a 6 rib 145" belt for my new custom built accessory that is sitting where the second alternator is supposed to be ;)

found 142 and 149 but nothing inbetween so far

OK I''ll bite. Do tell............

Are you putting an air compressor in there? I've thought about doing the same. I have a 3 gauge pillar with one open spot, for future psi gauge.

its an air compressor :) already have too much fuel for the air i've got ;) i had to machine my own pulley and press a bearing in it though to be able to run the belt it am since i mounted the bracket different than most people would chance.

under my hood is so full its not funny now though...

my truck has been under the knife for the past few days for a little facelift to squeeze a set of 35's with tbars at full droop and have no rubbing. i'll try and get some pictures of the compressor and pulley when i get her put back together.

hahahaha i have not forgot about ya fellas..... she's going under the knife, again..... needs more air to go with the 40% over injectors...... there will be pictures i promise :D

Robert, I am glad you asked. While sitting in the rain today at the bus stop waiting for my daughter I thought I need to give an update. So far things are very quiet. We have had rain and damp mornings since I changed the belt. No more chirp. I hope it stays this way.

Bill,

After reading your success with the goodyear belt, I tried one on my 03'. It was kind of tight putting it on, having never changed one on a Duramax before, but I got to say, i'm glad I did. No more squeeking, ever! It doesnt even squeek when I shut the truck off, I love it!

Back