• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Goodyear WRANGLER A/T ADVENTURE Tires

Pruittx2

Been around a bit
Reaction score
SO these are Brand new to the market, and I get a stock size set today.
the tires that were on the burb,, had 50% tread left but to of them had big dent's in the side walls that started to
make the truck pull hard to the right. Plus the date code on tire was 2006.

I did a road trip this past Tuesday, and on the way there,, I was getting a shake at certain speeds, it was 90F outside, and a 2 hr highway trip.
When I left my destination to head back home,, the shaking seemed to of gotten WAY worse. Gone was the sweet spot of MPH that I used going there,

I got it home,, a bit slower then going, and was glad that it didn't blow out on the way.

So today while tire shoping, I was considering Michellen LTX AT 10ply's 860 out the door
or BFG TA's for about the same price, but those places are 30 miles away. My small town has a
goodyear dealer. They do our school bus tires also, and I got these new goodyears, for 885 OTD.

So I Guess I'll be the Guinea Pig and see how they are. heres a link to them: http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-all-terrain-adventure

Those look good, wish I had seen them about 3 days ago. Man they're $$ about $100 more per tire than the LTX AT2s I went back with though. It's hard to find an AT tire that isn't super aggressive and these actually look perfect.

Those look like the ones we got on my gpas truck a couple weeks ago. I told him to go get silent armors and he came back with something similar to those.

So far so good. Alot of off road on a #9k truck feeding hay and building fence.

Source Unknown

Specs and tread pattern looks similar to the old Goodyear wrangler gs-a. I LOVED. Those for my hummer. Incredible traction on and off road, dirt, snow,rock. So so in sticky mud. 1 mpg over anything else. Goodyear said it was designed for the Hmmwv. Then they made smaller versions for LT pickups and they had bad results. Then iraqistanashitland sand mud required the "mt" more often and it killed the tire. :(

If they made those new tires in 37x12.50x16.5 - I would buy them for the chance they perform close to the gs-a tires.
I hope those work out good for you guys.

I was going to say the same thing. The tread looks a lot like the Wrangler GSA pattern. The GSA's had different rubber compounds in the treads. Softer to harder.

Drove today, out on highway,, for a bit,,, they are quiet. Well quiet enough for me,, tire noise is not noticed.
Guess we'll have to see how it goes once the snow hits,, in a few months, and how they act plowing. I'll keep you guys, posted.

Back