• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Goodbye California Bi-Annual Smog Checks

I wish I were right behind you. My youngest has 3 more years of high school. Say by to the .47 cent sales tax on Diesel.

You guys make me really get mad at Nevada, and Clark County which is the bottom chunk of the state.
Smog test and registration is Every year and all diesels/gas cars/trucks get smogged here unless 1967 or older.

And last I read, Same tax on gas and diesel@ .51 per gallon.
Granted, the higher fuel tax gets paid some by tourists too and we have no state income tax. Still sucks every fill up.

They way everything used to run here back in the day was very different. Now as this county fades more blue from red, taxes & fees grow. Last I looked taxes on registration was something like over 300%, no joke.

If Northern California becomes a seperate state, maybe Nevada could too, and this house might get a new sign out front...

Big T: CONGRATULATIONS! Now you can get rid of taht GM-X turbo and the vacuum pump!!! :) :) :)

From Big T's reporting of the smog process and observations from others in terms of applying it to vehicles, makes me wonder why the Fed's have not invalidated Kalifornia's process as it basically is subject to personal whim and far from a process . . . Truly sad for everybody.

Oh and Will, about those Nevada taxes and fees . . . Yup, there is a price to pay for no income tax :D Nevada might take a lesson from Delaware by making it corporate HQ friendly and collect registration fees to offset the no income tax ;) Then again, they might go the way of Wisconsin by making it corporate friendly *and* still collecting income tax :woot:

Sent my son a pic of the plates and he asked the cost. It was $230 one time, permanent, forever, including the special Cutthroat Trout plates. My son said that the annual CA registration on his 2017 F250 diesel 4x4 is $880! I will was about registering his ‘94 Suburban up here in MT.

Taxifornia, the people are voting with their feet.

Don't you forget to De-register your vehicle from Commifornia via filling out a form. Maybe even send the plates back. Otherwise they will hunt your ass down for payment of fees and you WILL be doing paperwork over a 6 month, yes they are 6 months behind a decade ago, timeframe.

I wish I were right behind you. My youngest has 3 more years of high school. Say by to the .47 cent sales tax on Diesel.

Get the H out of there before that train wreck goes further into the Pacific Ocean. Yea there are some great people that lives there in certain areas of the state, happy for you if you like it. Then on the other hand there are some people that are in far left field, I am trying to be nice, if I really told you what I thought the language censor on here would be smoking.

In 2006 I was within 40 to 50 miles of the California border in Nevada on vacation. I thought to myself should I drive the distance and cross into California, just to say I had been there. Answer is H$LL NO, me and pappy in law enjoyed Nevada and Arizona, then headed back east on I-40.

As far as emissions testing, thank goodness in my state diesels are exempt, they tried it in some counties for cars, mine never was included. The state legislature just recently dropped some counties out of the emission testing program. The huge population counties are the main ones with the car emission testing.

California is a beautiful place with perfect weather. Amazing outdoor fun of all types. Unfortunately 98.5 billion people learned about it already and live there. Then the place takes a hard left turn. So hard left it is drawing my state with it. Actually about 20% of the people here are from there.

If you are a person that doesn’t mind vacationing unarmed, it’s a great place to go. As for staying in Nv and Az instead- plenty to do here- ;)

California is a beautiful place with perfect weather. Amazing outdoor fun of all types. Unfortunately 98.5 billion people learned about it already and live there. Then the place takes a hard left turn. So hard left it is drawing my state with it. Actually about 20% of the people here are from there.

If you are a person that doesn’t mind vacationing unarmed, it’s a great place to go. As for staying in Nv and Az instead- plenty to do here- ;)

Yea that 20 percent that came to your state were escaping California to get away from something, yet they try to change your state to the same way it was in California.

These imports that move into my area are same way. I have always had a saying if you don't like it here go back to where you came from and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out....:smuggrin:

Yea that 20 percent that came to your state were escaping California to get away from something, yet they try to change your state to the same way it was in California.

These imports that move into my area are same way. I have always had a saying if you don't like it here go back to where you came from and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out....:smuggrin:

We like the way Montana the way it is, mostly. There are pockets such as Missoula, Whitefish and Bozeman which are infested with liberal millennials who came to play and work at Starbucks. The rest of the State is red and just the way we like it. For example, our real estate broker is a transplant from New England, but she drives a brand new Chevy half ton 4x4 truck, is a conservative and she carries.

I think the problem with the wrong ones is that they leave California because of the high cost of living and taxes, but want to keep the politics that resulted in those high taxes because it’s not their money. In contrast we’re escaping because we want to get away from those people because we are that other people’s money they want to shake down.

I love the no sales tax up here in Montana. On Black Friday I bought a new laptop, screens, printer and had them shipped to our real estate broker’s offfice in Missoula. The avoided tax paid for all our fuel up here.

Back