• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Good turbo?

Honestly first thing I noticed was it said Hollister on it.. I will find out if it's an hx35..

Yes... I'm using a voice to text app.. quite frequently it does not exactly put what I said

Just curious..ya think with some fabrication this would go good on 6.5?

What do want the 6.5 to do? Yeah, size matters. You have the GMx "Asthma Attack" turbo that will spool off the starter and then choke the engine over 2200RPM. Going big trades unloaded stoplight to stoplight performance off and allows the engine to pull hard past redline. Some stuff in in the middle. Towing will load and spool a big turbo better than unloaded.

Don't mistake a long stroke Cummins for a light duty high speed short stroke 6.5 diesel. The Cummins has the HP to backup the low RPM torque. So lug a Cummins and rev up a 6.5.

What I am saying is a stock 5.9 Cummings turbo is on the small side for a 6.5 and the ATT turbo is too big for a Cummins.

It's a HOLSET HE351. A few have used them, so nothing new. The downside is the outlet facing forward. Its fine if you run a front mounted intercooler, but you have to do quite a bit of work to use it without an intercooler.

What do want the 6.5 to do? Yeah, size matters. You have the GMx "Asthma Attack" turbo that will spool off the starter and then choke the engine over 2200RPM. Going big trades unloaded stoplight to stoplight performance off and allows the engine to pull hard past redline. Some stuff in in the middle. Towing will load and spool a big turbo better than unloaded.

Don't mistake a long stroke Cummins for a light duty high speed short stroke 6.5 diesel. The Cummins has the HP to backup the low RPM torque. So lug a Cummins and rev up a 6.5.

What I am saying is a stock 5.9 Cummings turbo is on the small side for a 6.5 and the ATT turbo is too big for a Cummins.
A few have tried the att on a CUMMINS, and none of them lived that I've heard about. It just cannot handle what a CUMMINS will do. The boost shoots up to high 20's, low 30's, and they fail.

Back