• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

gonna build a race truck

Zach, i think everyone on here would love to see u build a fast truck, they are worried about lost cash and hurt feelings you would suffer.
Seriously what range is your budget? Is it plausible for you to start out with a p400? rework the heads, remembering an idi system can handle glowplugs being replaced with propane coming in at high levels for the burn and added fuel supply not achievable by the ip. External comp controlling the injection for proper timing.

Ever seen nitro cut into diesel? It gets interesting real quick if you can keep the head gaskets together and the rings apart from the cylinders. Individual thermostatic controls into the glow plug holes for that one. Then the computer program takes over for the nitro injection in that game.

Ever seen a top fueler with a turbo instead of a blower? If its all about boost on your build turbos are the inexpensive little brother to the real mccoy.

I wasnt joking about the 2 stroke. The advantage of this engine is it is a higher range rpm diesel than most. Drop the compression and boost and go for the revs rasing peak torque to 5500 rpm ( do the math to see what that takes). Think big block gasser for the bore/ stroke/ crank balance. I built a sbc into a 2stroke drysump and the numbers were amazing at 11,500 rpm. While it lasted that is.
This engine doesnt care that much about the intake, that is where you build the new one supporting the pressure shuttle controlled reeds. throw away the camshaft and valves. The other half of this reeds are in you new exhaust manifolds supporting the feed for the shuttle valves. Now equalize presssures out the headers by looping the opposing cylinders. It will look like hell, but it works:fest06: there is $60,000 worth of learning back in 1990s money.
Back before I rolled a 262" rail at 215 mph I used to build a lot of crazy rigs. The common misconception is that it is a 2 part equation - power to weight ratio. It is not. It has a divisor- money, it has a multiplier- imagination.

Good luck.

I love throwing 6.5 stuff in peoples face that tell me they are only worth scrap steel. It would be crazy cool to see a 6.5 accomplish something like that no matter what "shell" its in.

My 89 mustang started as a 15.2 second car out of the box. Basic bolts on got me down to mid 14's. Then gears got me to high 13's. I got rid of my 302 for a 351w, and i upgrades it to 210cc heads, TFS-1 cam, headstuds, a gt-40 tube intake bigger injectors, and big throttle body/MAF. I havent raced it yet like this as it still needs a tune, but its expected to be int he 11's if i can hook. All this stuff here was about $4k for the engine, couldnt imagine what it would be with a 6.5, also expected to be in the high 300's for horsepower.

This car weighs just over 2k lbs. Just wanted to give you something to compare to in time vs weight and power.

Big props to you for taking on a project like this, will be very interested in seeing the outcome no matter what path you choose.

I say put it in a rear engine dragster, get the biggest pump unique diesel has, lose the turbo and throw massive amounts of nitrous at it. It will be expensive and may only make it 60 feet but could possibly be the best 60' time ever for a 6.5.

:hihi: That's funny right there :iagree:...:rof:

Back