• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT400 Dash Savers I found online

Dont know if these are the proper devices, maybe there is something better out there.

That looks very much like them. I wonder if either Patrick didn't get a Patent on them and this manufacturer (OEM) stole his design or if he did Patent it and then sold the rights to OEM. Thoughts, anybody?

That looks very much like them. I wonder if either Patrick didn't get a Patent on them and this manufacturer (OEM) stole his design or if he did Patent it and then sold the rights to OEM. Thoughts, anybody?
So many people come up with mighty fine solutions to problems then dont patent them and they then get stolen as soon as a hint of what the product is.
A friend here came up with an excellent fix for the clutch plates on the older Harleys. He told Me what the fix is and said He was going to patent his idea. I dont think He ever did patent it and I have never told anyone what his idea is. I did change disks on My harley once but never did apply his idea.

Nowadays I think it takes so much red tape and loads of money and lawyers to patent anything. Plus you have to renew that patent every so many years. then you have the chineese copiers that import cheap fakes once a US product takes off in the market!

Nowadays I think it takes so much red tape and loads of money and lawyers to patent anything. Plus you have to renew that patent every so many years. then you have the chineese copiers that import cheap fakes once a US product takes off in the market!

Yup. Sad but true. Even if someone does steal and make copies, hauling them to court, suing them and getting them to stop is another whole new and terrible expense.

But for a specialty niche product such as these it's nowhere near as prevalent. And the process of obtaining a Patent is nowhere near as bad as you try to make it out to be.

But for a specialty niche product such as these it's nowhere near as prevalent. And the process of obtaining a Patent is nowhere near as bad as you try to make it out to be.
I never did try to get a patent on anything before so I rightly would knottt knowww. 🤷‍♂️ 😹😹😹😹

Back