• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT400 Dash Savers I found online

dbrannon79

I'm getting there!
Reaction score
Hey guys what are your thoughts on this? I found this through a group post on FB and thought wow! It’s for a 3d printer. I may try this out since my Daughter’s Fiancé has a 3d printer.

Hey guys what are your thoughts on this? I found this through a group post on FB and thought wow! It’s for a 3d printer. I may try this out since my Daughter’s Fiancé has a 3d printer.

If he's dating your little girl, get what you can, while you can, from him. :D

Somebody knocking off Walking J's design, but doesn't address the issue of the screw pulling through the bracket like the spring nuts of the Walking J design. The Walking J design, which is simpler and less bulky than those 3D printer "plates", also addresses the screw to bracket pull out issue as well as the dash tear out issue.

Somebody knocking off Walking J's design, but doesn't address the issue of the screw pulling through the bracket like the spring nuts of the Walking J design. The Walking J design, which is simpler and less bulky than those 3D printer "plates", also addresses the screw to bracket pull out issue as well as the dash tear out issue.
Would You happen to have a web source for those walking J design ones ?

Would You happen to have a web source for those walking J design ones ?
I don't think he makes/sells them anymore. Walking J and another member on here did a lot of R&D on the ATT Turbo and tuning for it. There was some heated back and forth on here between them and other individuals on here that basically wound up with all parties involved leaving the forum and cessation of ATT production (as far as I know) as part of the fallout. This all occurred, IIRC, about 10-12 years ago. I don't know if any of those threads/discussions still remain after the couple of forum platform software updates in the meantime. Walking J used to have an internet store for the 6.5/GMT400 goodies he invented/produced, but that seemed to go bye-bye shortly after he did from the Truck Stop.

If you Google Walking J Designs you can find links to threads on here, Diesel Place and SSDS's forum discussing the issues encountered by some people in the final year(s) of Patrick's business. He had been experiencing some family health/personal issues that affected his ability to be a one man operation trying to handle way more volume of business than he had ever envisioned for a side job labor of love on top of his primary business. He and Dennis (@SlimShady) along with Kojo caught all sorts of unwarranted flack on the turbo and the tunes to make it run. It was one helluva towing turbo combo for the 6.5, especially with deeper gears like 4.11 up, that really let the motor breathe above 2400 rpm where the GM-x turbos just choked out, with lower EGT's and better MPG's over stock. Patrick also came up with innovative things like the Dash Saver rattle stops.

Back