• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Part number look up with VIN?

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
Can someone look up GM part numbers if I supply my VIN for my '01 Sierra 2500HD? I was going to order a fan clutch at the local dealership, but my cost was $175, so I'm going to try to find an AC Delco part from elsewhere.

The most expensive one I found on RockAuto was $105 (P/N 154694), but it's a different number from what I find on GMPartsDirect, which is 15911779. Even the alternate numbers list is different. With GMPartsDirect, I was able to enter my VIN, so I think it's correct.

I can’t, but dealerships still stock and sell those suckers. Call for quote and when they tell you $225, say “Wow that is a lot more than the other place- what part number is that?” Haha
Ok, or just ask them.

Yeah, I might just call and ask them to verify the number for me. The parts manager at the dealer I use has even made comments to me, when I ask him to check on something that's overpriced at the dealership, "you might want to look elsewhere for this" - he's pretty good about things like that.

Years ago, I had a site I could go to and search all dealers for parts on the shelf.

The link quit working a long time ago.

Is there such a site to go to anymore?

It was pretty handy. I used it mostly for discontinued parts. It's how I found heat shields for the 6,5's

Yeah, I might just call and ask them to verify the number for me. The parts manager at the dealer I use has even made comments to me, when I ask him to check on something that's overpriced at the dealership, "you might want to look elsewhere for this" - he's pretty good about things like that.

Stopping in with a box of donuts or if 1 guy just a cold soda pop can work wonders and is nice to show you actually appreciate good service. You tip a waitress, right?

Back