• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Cab Styles....

according to edmunds, ".....1996........An optional "Easy Access" system (only for Silverado extended cab trucks with either the Vortec 5000 or 5700 V8 coupled to an automatic transmission) featured a third door on the passenger side to allow easier passenger or cargo loading into the rear compartment........."
"1997............. For those who liked the convenience of the third-door option but didn't need the spiffed-up Silverado, this option became more widely available....."

I think I read a thread once where the 3rd door was not offered with the Diesel engine??? If so it was an extra option as my '97 Silverado doesn't have the 3rd door.

I know of a 98 1500 with 5.0L that doesn't have it either, so it was definately an option as his brothers 98 5.7L did have it.

I read somewher that it started in 96 but was extremely rare with the newer years % #s going up but still not a ton of them

The 3rd door was introduced as an option in 97'. Meaning there were alot of extended cab trucks built after 97' without the 3rd door.

As for 3rd door with the diesel? Thats a good question. Im not sure I have ever seen one. Anybody out there have one?

Im not aware of a 4 door extended cab on the gmt400 platform. A 4 door crew cab yes, but I dont think a 4 door extended was ever optioned.

-Nick

I got another cab question.
Was there ever a SC SB 1/2 ton 6.5 2 wd?
I have seen a 4 wd 3/4 ton SC SB 6.5 but never a 1/2 2 wd SC SB 6.5.
I have seen a Dodge 3/4 ton SC SB Cummings 2 wd.

I got another cab question.
Was there ever a SC SB 1/2 ton 6.5 2 wd?
I have seen a 4 wd 3/4 ton SC SB 6.5 but never a 1/2 2 wd SC SB 6.5.
I have seen a Dodge 3/4 ton SC SB Cummings 2 wd.

I dont believe there was ever a single cab short bed 6.5 diesel. Both in 1/2 or 3/4 ton. Someone feel free to prove me wrong.....

-Nick

Back