• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM 6.5 TD engine poof problelm

Sounds like a healthy engine, I think the poof sounds might be due to the longer exhaust pipe since it's an RV coupled with cold cylinders just beginning to fire. nothing to worry about. you will always have some condensation build up in the exhaust and when it spits out on startup out comes carbon deposits too!

Thanks dbrannon79, Will L., MrMarty51 and the rest of you fellows: Thanks dbrannon79 for getting those videos on the post and Will L. and Marty51 for some great information. Still digesting all that has been written. Have to change projects but will get back to you in a few days!

Back to you Fellows! I want to thank everyone taking time to help me with my popping problem.
I also looked into changing the injectors. With all of the stuff that's in the way trying to get to them....and different angles to remove them.....and also removing the turbo...I decided to stop and not go any further changing injectors.
Since several people I've talked to have said they don't think it's an injector problem.
I decided to look into a high quality injector cleaner first.
Changing the glow plug relay and all of the glow plugs to 60G....has made it start much faster.

Will L. (back on 3/3/24) you mentioned about the water trick for decarbon. I'd be interested to know more about that at this time.

If I need more help...I'll let you know...any new ideas are always welcomed!

Since your engine is a DS4 electronic IP. be very careful about what you use for injector cleaner. absolutely nothing that contains alcohol! @Will L. will know more than I, but he recommended to me to use straight atf trans fluid filling the fuel filter housing with it and letting it run that through then doing the water decarbonation after but mine is a mechanical DB2 that will run anything that's oil base!! I'm not sure if you can do this with the DS4 IP. Will and others can step in and give the best recommendations for this.

Hi Fellows- I'm back with my new project.
I decided to change the injectors. Found this site....
Have any of you used this company before? They rebuild injectors at their facility in the USA. And sell new injectors and parts pertaining to the 6.5 TD. ...such as the new small hoses that are self-sealing. Also the correct injector socket to R&R the injectors.
I've removed all the shields on the passenger side and ready to pull all 8 injectors.
I'm open to any suggestions to changing these injectors!

I have seen their name before online but don't know anything about them. I just looked at their site and what's interesting to me is they offer testing service for a set of 8 for $40. this might be a worth while service here.

buying new or their reman injectors, I wonder if they send a test result sheet along with them.

dbrannon70.....Thanks for writing back! This will be a new project and you and Will L. and the others have given me lots of good info and advice.

Injectors is my new subject- so I think it's best for me to start a new topic. I know there are loads of other injector topics but I'm confident to have your suggestions of where to start....especially since you guys know that I have a motorhome and you've guided me with suspected noises and changing glow plugs and controllers etc.

Hope to hear more from you and Will L and the other. See you at the new topic on injectors.

www.accuratediesel.com

Back