• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plug relay?

bradthefixer

65 SS
Reaction score
Hello, just replaced glow plugs and a few Fuse able link wires. Bosch, Now my WTS light may or may not come on. Sometimes it comes on for a quick second, sometimes full heat up time, sometimes not at all. GP relay? temp sensor? Never a problem until I replaced GPs. Also I only had 10 volts at GPs when checking them one at a time with KOEO with fresh Batteries. Thanks Guys,

Merged threads.
Welcome to The Truck Stop Brad!
Take a few moments to fill in your signature so everyone knows what truck you are discussing.

Welcome Brad.

Exactly which fuseable links did you repair and how?
What brand & part number glowplugs did you install?
Disconnect all the wires from the glowplugs and test the relay.
Fill out the signature like mentioned above, different year trucks control the relay differently.

There is a quirk.

If you turn the key after you unhook the batteries, the GP light will lit for 1 sec only.
What you need to do is to turn the key off and on 2nd time, it should go back to almost normal.

You can also try to unplug the CTS and see if you can get the full glow.

Also make sure as shown in video that it has 12 volt at the GP controller/relay.

got it figured out, the plunger on the GP relay was sticking in either open or closed. guess thats why WTS light was all over the place. Thanks all for your input. Now on to the ses light issue.

Back