• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GL4 & GLE

Monarkman

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the price went up. Maybe I just missed it. The last time I looked they were still 499.00 and now on his website they are 675. It also says he will buy your old one for 150.00, so I guess it means no core charge but he will buy your old one if you don't want it. Really only 525 if you sell him your old one.

Last edited:
That sucks, the prom went up too..... im going to be getting one in a month or two, crap......:mad2:

Look closer I think price is core included but no longer required to be exchanged, many folks hanging onto their own core "just in case", leaving them short handed to fill orders I would suppose, (old trucks/PCM production down/supply-demand forces at work).

I suspect if you did go thru with the reflash you would see some refund/reduction if you did indeed return a core, IMO no need to hold onto a "just in case PCM" on old trucks out of warranty.

FWIW I've got years on my 1st reflash, I held onto the core when there was still warranty on the truck and a dealer might try to decline warranty because I had "modified" my truck, in all that time there has not been 1 PCM induced issue, those are the rarest of the rare issues for the 6.5.

Once my warranty expired, I sent Bill my old core, we traded it for another goodie I needed at the time, I've found Bill to be very open to this barter system, he needs WORKING cores, I need goodies, so if I come across great deal on a core I plug it into one of my trucks, test it and then call to see what other doo-dad he has on the shelf I "NEED" and we can trade some on, couple of times I've just sent them to him cause he's a nice guy :D:D:D

Not saying he'd do this for everybody, but I'd call him to discuss options.

could be that heath has supplied almost everyone with a new maxed out ecm and their market for reflashes is drying up due to (1) less of us buying ecm's (2) more and more 6.5 are junked daily due to age or collisions. therefore raising his price means he can max out before there are no viable 6.5's left in running condition. after all when was the last time someone saw an original honda civic, RX2 or datsun B210 running around. Ed

Hello all;

I would like to take this opportunity to explain the change in pricing structure associated with the Max E Tork PCM's and PROM's.

The primary goal was to reduce our customer's initial-cost, to make it easier for him to make the upgrades he needs.
In the case of the '96 and newer truck, the cost of doing the Max E Tork PCM had been $499 plus the refundable $500 core deposit for an initial cost of $999.

Under the new arrangement; it is an outright purchace at $650, reducing his initial-cost by $349 and making the upgrade a much easier one to do.

In addition, Heath offers to buy his original PCM box for $150, reducing his actual upgrade cost to $500.

The same logic applies to the Max E Tork PROM used in the '94--'95 models. Where the cost had been $359 plus a refundable $75 core deposit ($434 inital cost) the new arrangement specifies $399 outright. And here again, Heath offers to buy his original prom for $50 bringing his actual upgrade cost to $349.

I hope this helps to clarify our intentions, however your questions are always welcome----just give us a call.

cool thanks for setting me straight, still a good price, i am going to buy one this summer!!!!

Same here this summer for sure Bill.

I heard rumor you were playing around with the TCC on obd2's, any insight to that?

Hello all;

I would like to take this opportunity to explain the change in pricing structure associated with the Max E Tork PCM's and PROM's.

The primary goal was to reduce our customer's initial-cost, to make it easier for him to make the upgrades he needs.
In the case of the '96 and newer truck, the cost of doing the Max E Tork PCM had been $499 plus the refundable $500 core deposit for an initial cost of $999.

Under the new arrangement; it is an outright purchace at $650, reducing his initial-cost by $349 and making the upgrade a much easier one to do.

In addition, Heath offers to buy his original PCM box for $150, reducing his actual upgrade cost to $500.

The same logic applies to the Max E Tork PROM used in the '94--'95 models. Where the cost had been $359 plus a refundable $75 core deposit ($434 inital cost) the new arrangement specifies $399 outright. And here again, Heath offers to buy his original prom for $50 bringing his actual upgrade cost to $349.

I hope this helps to clarify our intentions, however your questions are always welcome----just give us a call.

Bill, since you're listening, For something heavy like mine (9100k empty, avg 10k loaded. I tend to baby it. just going as fast as RPM's aren't doggin it. I like to stay in 3rd unless I'm on the highway.

Of course I want Economy, who doesn't, but also want my truck running its optimal. Which Chip do you recommend?

4.10 gears, will be gearing down the tires up a size to 235 86 16
from 225 75 .. netting 7% or so curcumference, bring me very close to 3.73 ratio.

Hmm, at what speed do you set TCC lockup to?

Got my GL4 today. So far I like it. I had the Heath 2.0 before and this an improvement. I'll have to see how my fuel mileage comes out - in a couple of weeks.

Hi Matt,
Beacuse you roll heavy, I suggest our GLE programming for your truck. You will need to set the Turbo-Master to 12-13 psi at full throttle / 2500 rpm. If your injectors have any more than about 60-80,000 on them, I would replace them with high quality, standard output units. Also, be certain that fuel lift pump supply pressure is good.
As regards the tires, going from the 225x75's to 235X85's will not always help fuel economy. Even though they are taller, these usually have a more significant rolling resistance which can easily offset any gain to be had. The TCC will lock at about 45 mph in your 4.10 truck. The Max E Tork program features a changed shift application timing and modified application pressure schedule. You will appreciate the improved glow saturation timing schedule which will improved the initial starts.

Feel free to give me a ring if you need more info.
Bill

Hi Matt,
Beacuse you roll heavy, I suggest our GLE programming for your truck. You will need to set the Turbo-Master to 12-13 psi at full throttle / 2500 rpm. If your injectors have any more than about 60-80,000 on them, I would replace them with high quality, standard output units. Also, be certain that fuel lift pump supply pressure is good.
As regards the tires, going from the 225x75's to 235X85's will not always help fuel economy. Even though they are taller, these usually have a more significant rolling resistance which can easily offset any gain to be had. The TCC will lock at about 45 mph in your 4.10 truck. The Max E Tork program features a changed shift application timing and modified application pressure schedule. You will appreciate the improved glow saturation timing schedule which will improved the initial starts.

Feel free to give me a ring if you need more info.
Bill

My theory on the tires is, I can do most of my driving in 3rd gear, and with the added tire size, I will be able to go 50 in 3rd without being in 2500's or so RPM. I will be able to drive my confortable 2000-2100 rpm on any roads, and On highway I can wind up to 2500 with the new tires should be almost 60, then drop into overdrive, purring along back at my 2000-2100rpm range.

I dont drive over 60-65, areodynamics of truck are horrid, and I dont' like to wind her over 2500, and like to maintain 2000k-2100 rpm range.

I will defanately call you voice before my purchase, few more months...

After i get my new engine in im going to the gl4, it will be a refreshed 94k mile engine.... im going to start the ewngine in a nother month

Back