• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting ready to start my project !!!

The 31152's, the bottom mount in the pics, are the correct ones for our 88 - 2000 gm trucks with either 6.5's or 7.4's.

Mike
I am reasonably sure those were the ones I got for my 93 and they did not fit but I can't find the receipt. I know they were supposed to fit the 7.4

I called Energy suspension last week and talked to them, these are the mounts for these trucks. They are tight in the shells and the shells need to be squeezed together via a vise and then use the big zip ties to hold them together till they are bolted to the frame, according to the instructions / pics.

I got the 1121's from summit also and they are just way to big to fit into these shells, they were the second ones down in my pics.

Been awhile, I still frequent the forum everyday, but haven't been posting much. I have made some progress lately and will be posting more pics along the way.

Block all cleaned up with new squirter main bearings installed.
100_5116.jpg

Crank installed, not torqued yet though.
100_5117.jpg

Custom machined / ported pre-cups, slightly larger then "diamond spec.
100_5123.jpg

And last but not least, my own home brew of beast feedin' my DB4.
100_5126.jpg
100_5125.jpg

Will be posting more pics along the way,

Mike

Just a lil update.... Finally got a chance to get some more work done on this thing.

New rod bearings, HV / HP oil pump.
100_5127.jpg

Mains all torqued, pistons / rods all installed.
100_5128.jpg

100_5129.jpg

100_5130.jpg

Hopefully get the heads back on before the weekend and continue to get things buttoned back together.

Mike

Another lil update... got all this shit done Friday evening after work but ended up getting too drunk to do any posting... LOL

Pre-cups installed in heads.
100_5138.jpg

New head gaskets installed.... the second time around.
100_5132.jpg

HV / HP oil pump installed and torqued.
100_5140.jpg

Heads installed and 5 step torqued to 125lbs...
100_5142.jpg

Pushrods installed and rocker shaft assemblies re installed and torqued to 40 lbs.
100_5147.jpg

I also have the gear drive timing set timed and installed. This thing is starting to come together for me quite well and I'm very happy about that.

Mike

I see some teflon lube/sealant on the studs/washers. Good practice for sure.

Teflon? I think? White?

Do tell.

Cheers.

Lubriplate engine assembly lube on the top portion / fine threads and black sillycum on the bottom portion / coarse threads that go into the block, to prevent coolant seepage of course.

Finally got it pretty much all done, needs a few lil things but you get the picture.....:)

100_5148.jpg
100_5149.jpg

I still need to order my turbo, cross over, and exhaust but it's coming together.

Mike

Alright guys.... been a few minutes, but I have been having puter troubles and haven't been able to post in a while....

Anyhow, I just got back from an amazing trip out to Arizona and then up to Vegas to get married, have lots of pics, may post a few later. The good news now is, I am layed off for a couple months (the boss is gonna pay me cash to help him at his house on his projects), but I "should" have plenty of time to stuff my motor in the storage compartment where it belongs, and then start ordering some more shat for my truck... This biatch needs to be done before next summer.

Mike

I'll take that into consideration... or maybe Caterpillar yellow...;)

Mike

Yup, seen a yellow caterpillar engine, black valve covers and yellow caterpillar intake: just Wow!!!

Alright guys.... been a few minutes, but I have been having puter troubles and haven't been able to post in a while....

Anyhow, I just got back from an amazing trip out to Arizona and then up to Vegas to get married, have lots of pics, may post a few later. The good news now is, I am layed off for a couple months (the boss is gonna pay me cash to help him at his house on his projects), but I "should" have plenty of time to stuff my motor in the storage compartment where it belongs, and then start ordering some more shat for my truck... This biatch needs to be done before next summer.

Mike

My condolences :D

Sorry, could not resist, my half will kill me :hihi:

Back