• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting ready to start my project !!!

Mike, you have TWO pieces of 6.2/6.5 *unobtainium* Way to go!

The mythical DB4.
The now discontinued gear grive.

NICE.

Yeah it 'looks' new but are you sure it's not a 'take-out'..?

Either way, look at the main webs closely. They have a habit of cracking even though the mains are all 4-bolt. Even more so, there are plenty of 6.5 running around with little cracks here and there...:D

Gonna order me some new marine injectors on Monday, or see about having some assembled with marine nozzles.

On another note, I see DSG sells these gear drives and are on the instructions that came with mine, however there is a very distinct " PJ " stamped on the cam gear... I would assume that is because they are a Pete Jackson gear drive and wonder if they couldn't be had for less then $ 400, I know that most likely I wouldn't pay that price for one.

Mike

Last edited:
I had gotten a lil bit more done. The intake plenum is not bolted on yet, just sitting there. I am waiting on my injectors and water pump.

100_4592.jpg
[/IMG]

100_4591.jpg
[/IMG]

100_4590.jpg
[/IMG]

I still have to get some new glow plugs and I'm gonna order a new glow harness and battery cables too.

Thanks, I hope she will flat out fly.. At some point and time after finished - together - running - driving, my truck is gonna get a 4" lift, new tires, and maybe a HX 35 or ATT.

Back