• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gauging interest in a new intake adaptor for the ATT

Im refining the build up of them as I go. Yours will probably be the only one built like that. I wanted to try it out, it works great, but adds to much time/$$ to the part. So you got the "one off" collectors version #1.:hihi:

There were no issues with any of the kit items for the ATT or the Spacer. Hope that wasn't implied in my comments. We just took our time and had fun, for the most part, doing it. Delays came from the banter, side bar conversations (trucks, guns, joy ride, repeat).

Leroy, the spacer was here when I got back last night. I thought you were joking about painting it purple...Hilarious. Thanks.

View attachment 39891

Yes Mike (BtFarm), we know, got it, thanks, move along....:nana:

I like the build up for the rear, outside bolts negating the need for the washers.

Purple lives on!

Ah yes ... PURPLE Almost my favorite!

:eek:

Gotta admit that's a mighty handsome piece there Leroy. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike.
I got JayCPA almost done too. Its going to look really nice. I have the MAP and IAT sensors mounted, just need to install the caps.

I got JayCPA almost done too. Its going to look really nice. I have the MAP and IAT sensors mounted, just need to install the caps.

Sweet!!! This is like waiting for the next issue of the 'mag' to come out :drool5:

While the purple looks awesome, please keep mine naked as I am kicking around the idea of coating it (and the other upstream piping) with some heat dispersing stuff.

It will be a few days still before its ready. Antis------------------------------------------------------------------------------ipation

Well, I can report that Colby is happily using his Burb.

- no more boost drop off with the non-wastegated ATT.
- 4 position tuner has been working and can be readily switched between tunes
- intake spacer doing just fine and this set-up will never blow a boot
- no stalling so far
- no leaks on the oil cooler install (phew!), though we need to watch the through bolts connecting the crossover to exhaust manifold for loosening. Long run, need to stack and lock the nuts or replace the manifold
- the speedometer continues to act up. When you reach 65 to 70 mph it jumps and pegs at 85 a d only falls back when you come to a stop. I asked Colby to video this and post it here. He may have a chance to take it into a speedo shop this week.

I didn't speak up because I don't know how much is the same besides tranny, but my hummer started doing that w/ the speedo about 3 days before I downed the truck over 7 ( 8 on hummers) bad ball joints, pitman, idler arm. No clue as to why its doing it (all my grounds are way perfect), but I put in input and output sensors 10,000 miles ago over different issue. If I get to work on it and figure it out I will let you know what I find.

I didn't speak up because I don't know how much is the same besides tranny, but my hummer started doing that w/ the speedo about 3 days before I downed the truck over 7 ( 8 on hummers) bad ball joints, pitman, idler arm. No clue as to why its doing it (all my grounds are way perfect), but I put in input and output sensors 10,000 miles ago over different issue. If I get to work on it and figure it out I will let you know what I find.

Thanks for relaying that we are not alone on this speedo problem. If we find out what it is, we'll certainly post it here.

OK the stalling reappeared today. He had the truck off road and it stalled many times. He unplugged and reconnected the PMD (grey Stanadyne, bumper mounted) a couple times and it still stalled. Finally, he changed the fuel filter the stalling seems to have stopped. I noted that his PMD is held by one bolt through the license plate holes in the bumper and it's terribly loose and wobbles. I instructed him to get that cinched down as it likely contributes to a bad connection.

He complained that the turbo sound is annoying. It's not a whistle, but more of a whirrr. I told him that people pay good money to hear that sound.

The speedo stopped acting up. Did not jump once on our test drive tonight.

Otherwise, truck is running great.

Burning oil
ATT with I/C ???

Food for thought.

Attachment 39945
Attachment 39946
Attachment 39947

That would be a great idea.

Burning oil
Couple more installed.

Attachment 39933Attachment 39932

Looks real good. Leroy I am interested in the Peninsular adapter for the 95 Chevy when I do the ATT on her. I am unsure of funding.... wallet needs to recover from the 95 GMC K2500.

Looks neat. I like the idea of the in-line cooler (compared to the systems which have extra plumbing to put the cooler in front of the truck) as it minimizes the amount of air the turbo needs to pressurize. What are thoughts on the rest of the rigging; closed circuit with additional / dedicated water pump, exchanger in front of the radiator, and any structural support? Mini surge tank?

So, if I had already done an ATT install which means I had to cut my upper intake per the directions, what would be the best course of action for me to be able to utilize this spacer? Have the piece that I cut off welded back on or use a longer straight silicone hose?

Back