• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

G`DAY ALL , Rob Here Just done 5500Ks no dramas but have a question

Gravel

Reaction score
Righto ,

Just had a good summer holiday and am about to bugga off again in the RV ,

When i was away i was looking at youtube one nigh when a bloke said the timing (TDC) Should be -.25 to -.75 Deg , When i changed out the ip I didnt realy check i put it at the (What i thought was the sweet spot ) anyhow turns outi was bloody close-.79 anyhow one thing i did notice was the fuel rate 3 MM cube to 4mm Cubed ,and can it be changed , 620 rpm idle ,, I dont have specs on this I thought one of you guys could tell me if this is right the RV is a winnebago she is heavy at 12000lbs A little more HP would be good but far out she is cheap to run..
Last pic is the fires we were running from ,,,can you believe it was a dickhead fire fighter wanting to be a hero that lit it ,,,,
Thanks all
Rob Jervis Bay NSW Australia

Attachments

• 20191029_160130.jpg
    20191029_160130.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200524_154840.jpg
    20200524_154840.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20191029_160106.jpg
    20191029_160106.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200104_193553.jpg
    20200104_193553.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 13
no not really , same as its always been ,In Netral i can bring the revs up slow and hold them where i want ,,, Can i change the fuel rate AK ?

Righto ,

When i was away i was looking at youtube one nigh when a bloke said the timing (TDC) Should be -.25 to -.75 Deg , When i changed out the ip I didnt realy check i put it at the (What i thought was the sweet spot ) anyhow turns outi was bloody close-.79 anyhow one thing i did notice was the fuel rate 3 MM cube to 4mm Cubed ,and can it be changed , 620 rpm idle ,, I dont have specs on this I thought one of you guys could tell me if this is right the RV is a winnebago she is heavy at 12000lbs A little more HP would be good but far out she is cheap to run..
Last pic is the fires we were running from ,,,can you believe it was a dickhead fire fighter wanting to be a hero that lit it ,,,,
Thanks all
Good you got away from the fires...

If the PMD that’s on the IP is the one you’re using it would be a good idea to get a spare and a relocation kit with a heat sink and mount it somewhere near the back bumper or the frame rail maybe. If the relocated PMD ever quit on you, you could just plug back into the factory one on the IP to get you home.

I have #9 resistor in one and a #6 In another Both mounted behind the grill and a spare in the bin just incase , there are not many places in Australia you can get spares so i keep a good stock , Took me 6 weeks to get an intake valve , crazy ,

Hey, mate. As we used to say up here in the Army, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." You're getting good fuel mileage (kilometerage?) out of it, the timing specs are close enough for Government work and it is getting out of its own way pretty much. The 6.5TD was never a stump-puller powerplant, 200HP/400tq gross is doing really good out of one of these pretty much stock.

@3bals has a P30 chassis-based motorhome (which I helped him pick up and bring back) and it held 75mph (120kph) towing his little Chevy Aveo without problem out on the Interstate (your M routes) and up in the mountainous stretches above 7,000' (2000M) climbing grades of 3-4% it would haul itself up at 30-35mph (50-60kph) pretty steady. I-d be happy with how your is doing and be glad it isn't a petrol-burning 7.1L Chevy or 7.5L Ford powerplant getting half or worse fuel consumption than now.

Enjoy your summer and drink a pipe of Fosters for me, will ya?

Righto ,

Thanks all
Your smoke picture reminded me of the trip I went on over there in mid 90s looked like that in
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park on a ride up to Newcastle

Mate it was a bad year last year Ku-ring-gai wa wiped by the fire storm all the national park was on fire they had youe Air craine chopper over here trying to put it out , Lucky its been a cooler summer this year only getting to 40c for a few days

Back